2006 Pontiac Vibe

The Toro of Trucks -lotsa Bull by Chicago Jay on 09/15/2006. Trim: 2006 Pontiac Vibe Base, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I wanted a car with a lot of bull...affordable, accessible, comfortable , reliable. Meets all these points. Lots of leg room for me (6'-4"0) Zippy handling.
Cons: lousy city gas mileage 17.82 MPG. arm rests to high for comfort .glare from chrome trim on gauges..poor vision to rear. Lower trim on front doors poorly attached.
Overall review: My wife and I like the Higher seating position and the ease of getting in and out. Super AC in 90 degree weather. Disappointed in the MPG I'm getting. Overall nice car
This Car is a BOSS by Nat from Philly on 09/12/2011. Trim: 2006 Pontiac Vibe Base, Owned 3 years.
Pros: what a great car. awesome interior styling, very modern and stylish. roomy, LOADS of trunk space. i had an AWD 03 model for about 2-3 years had no problems. then totalled it one winter day on black ice. i have a base model now, but man, the features! cruise control, radio w/ readout, silver accents, little mini trash can, has both lighter outlet and conventional outlet. seats are sporty mesh-y fabric. you could camp out in the back of this car if u wanted to. it's a toyota matrix with a gm sticker, so i gotta give toyota credit for this one.
Cons: had a recall on my most recent model ('06). the powetrain control module blew, luckily the car didnt stall. it would just jerk forward during shifting and braking/accelerating. it was pretty weird. the engine noise could be quiter, not a big issue though.
Overall review: i would definitely recommend this car. the practicality, styling, and quality are just great. i have about 94,000 on mine. just a side note though, get the brakes looked at at about the 90,000 mark, i accidently ran mine to metal-on-metal.
A Wonderful Ride by Jessica from PA on 12/07/2008. Trim: 2006 Pontiac Vibe Base, Owned 2 years.
Pros: I love the space provided with this vehicle. I haul a lot of equipment around for my job and in my personal time so space is very important and I couldn't have asked for more in the Vibe.
Cons: The only drawback I've found with the vehicle is it is harder to find a wiper blade for the rear window than in previous cars I've owned. I've also noticed that the spray nozels for the front window freeze easily in the winter time.
Overall review: I bought my 2006 Vibe when it was new and I've been driving it every day since. I am very pleased with this car and have recommended it to numerous people. I haven't had a problem with the car at all since I bought it and hope that it continues to perform this well for years to come. I'm getting about 35 mpg currently and have a manual 5 speed that has been a pleasure to drive. My father is very picky about how a manual should drive and he's asked to borrow my car for long trips a couple times and hasn't complained once about it. I would certianly recommend just taking one for a test drive if you are considering buying.
Sweet little wagon by minnesota on 07/16/2008. Trim: 2006 Pontiac Vibe Base, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Good handling for a small wagon and good gas milage. Moon and tunes package sounds good.
Cons: Not much to dislike, maybe interior scratches to easily
Overall review: The vibe has been a great vehicle so far. It handles good for a wagon and is averaging 30mpg. Small lab and folding kennal fit in the back with no problem. No problems so far and do not anticipate any since it has the same motor and tranny as my wife's 05 carolla with 42,000 miles and problem free. The moon and tunes package is nice as well as the monotone paint.
Great Family Car by Kikster from Phoenix on 04/03/2008. Trim: 2006 Pontiac Vibe Base, Owned 2 years.
Pros: It drives like a small car but has the potential of an SUV. It has just the right amount of storage room and is very comfortable to drive. Friends of mine have complimented the car for it's great leg room in the backseat. This car if very fuel efficient if you get the basic model and not the GT version. That's the main reason why we purchased this car.
Cons: The cup holders are too close together so it's hard to get 2 larger cups to fit in them.
Overall review: Great car for all ages. If you have children or carpool, the car has plenty of room to fit adults in the back seat. The trunk is great for storage and the rear seats fold down to allow for extra large items. The seats are very comfortable both to sit on and lean my back against. I will probably buy another Vibe when I give this one to my daughter when she starts driving!