2006 Mercury Mariner

2 3 4 5 6  Next
Grandma's vehicle by Kime on 11/20/2009. Trim: 2006 Mercury Mariner Luxury 4WD, Owned 2 years.
Pros: I love everything, seat warmers are excellent. plenty of room without being total hog. My last vehicle was a Mercury Grand Marquis, but I needed something to save the wear and tear on my knees. All my friends and grandchild love my car, too.
Cons: mileage is on average 19.2. My Marquis was 27. But the benefits outweigh this.
Overall review: I couldn't be happier.
A nice SUV by bunnie321 on 05/16/2008. Trim: 2006 Mercury Mariner Premier 4WD, Owned 2 years.
Pros: I like the way the vehicle looks and handles. I love the heated seats in the winter. I love the cargo room in the back as well. I love the auto-dimming rear-view mirror at nighttime.
Cons: There are several things that I dislike about this vehicle such as the heated seat controls are in-between the seat and the door--very hard to reach button. I think it would do better on the center console. I wished it got better gas mileage but hey its an SUV what do you expect. I wish that the crusie control buttons would light up--but they don't. I wish the sun roof had auto buttons like the windows.
Overall review: Overall it is a good looking vehicle. I would put it on your list to look at and you be the judge of it.
Good looking, comfortable compact SUV by Glynn, Lafayette, LA on 07/29/2006. Trim: 2006 Mercury Mariner Premier 2WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Nice styling cues;quality craftsmanship;nicely appointed
Cons: Nothing that I really dislike about my Mercury Mariner
Overall review: I usually don't listen to the critics. It's all about what the public perceives this vehicle to be. I think it is classy and I love the monotone paint scheme.
Cute and Powerful by mare from Long Island, NY on 06/26/2006. Trim: 2006 Mercury Mariner Luxury 4WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I love the look of this small suv. I thought the gas mileage would bother me ( my last car was a civic), but I was mildly surprised that it got such great gas mileage. It feels like you're driving a car. The acceleration is peppy and the interior is comfortable. So far, I love it. I originally was going after the Land Rover Freelander, but for less money the Mariner offers alot more. If you're from the Long Island, NY area I suggest North Shore Mercury. They were so fantastic, making this an pleasant transaction.
Cons: It's hard to find faults with this car. I wish the speaker system were better, and that it came with outside temperature. I think only time will tell. I haven't been though winter driving with it yet.
Overall review: I would recommend the Mariner to anyone looking for a smaller SUV. It's easy and fun to drive. Parking it is not a problem. I really am loving this car.
AWESOME SUV by tallstory55 on 12/06/2013. Trim: 2006 Mercury Mariner Premier 2WD, Owned 7 years.
Pros: I purchased this vehicle new in Dec. 05. It now has almost 90K on it. Been across the US 4 times in it. Great travel vehicle. Comfortable road and driving vehicle. Got up to 29 mpg on the open highway with the V6. Has good power for passing as I have a heavy foot. Came loaded with everything as it was the vehicle used at the SF car show in 05. Traded down from a 97 Mountaineer with a V8. Have never been sorry. If the Mercury Mariner was still being made I would buy another one.
Cons: NONE
Overall review: One of the BEST vehicles I have ever owned.
2 3 4 5 6  Next