2006 Ford Freestar

Van Owner by Bob on 10/18/2006. Trim: 2006 Ford Freestar SEL, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I have had 2 windstars a 2 aerostars. This van is far better than those I have owned. My van is loaded with all options except the nav. With this in mind, The interior far exceeds the others. as far as safety, I have all options including the self sealing tires. Again, far exceeds the previous vehicles. To top that, I bought it for a very low price and then the rebates were applied. Needless to say, none of the other vans could compare.
Cons: None
Overall review: Great vehicle
it is the ideal truck for me by An MSN Autos Consumer on 04/20/2014. Trim: 2006 Ford Freestar, Owned 8 years.
Pros: it is very comfortable to drive and maintain
Overall review: over all dev!ew ! w!all give it a 8
Best Vacation car by CC rider of Indiana on 06/16/2012. Trim: 2006 Ford Freestar SEL, Owned 5 years.
Pros: Gas mpg, spacious and comfortable. But also the appearance and dependability. Great investment.
Cons: They are no longer made...
Overall review: This was a great family vacation vehicle when we rented one. So we had to buy one after returning it.
Overall, we really like it. by Bill from SE Minnesota on 04/26/2012. Trim: 2006 Ford Freestar SEL, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Styling, spacious interior, excellent heating and cooling, fairly smooth ride, good handling for a mini-van - not a lot of body roll or lean, smooth and low-effort braking, tight steering, nice accessory package (SEL), LOUD horn, apparently easy on tires - still had 3 of the OE tires on it at 94K and they were still legal, good interior lighting, far rear seat folds into floor (IF nothing is stored there), good forward lighting; we really like the front cornering lights. Gas mileage is about as it was rated, about 2-3 mpg less than our '98 Windstar, which does well for a minivan. Comfortable front seats. Excellent cruise control, very smooth shifting.
Cons: No serious dislikes, but all 3 rear seats could be a few inches higher off the floor, the far rear seat is low and cramped for full-sized adults, road noise is higher than a Dodge Voyager or Chrysler T&C, (part of that could be the particular model of Cooper tires I bought - CR rates that particular model as somewhat noisy), also a little noisier than our '98 Windstar. The 4.2 engine could be a little peppier, but it's there when you need it. Would have preferred cloth seats, but it was bought used, so........... Both rear windows operate from the same switch - would prefer a switch for each like our old Windstar has.
Overall review: We purchased this van in August 2011 with 94K miles on it; now in April 2012 it has 104K on it. The whole vehicle feels & operates more like it has 25K on it; very solid. Everything is still tight and rattle-free. The wheel alignment all around is well within specs. I replaced the OE spark plugs, & plug wires & coil pack as a preventive measure, since I already had the cowl off. It had problems with water getting into the connector on the PCM, causing misfiring & other problems, something other Freestar owners have noted. I sealed the connector with silicone & 3M electrical tape, & fabricated a shield around it, & the problem has not returned in spite of trips through powerful car washes & extended driving in heavy rain. Ford's engineers should have their heads examined for letting something this basic slip through the initial QA process. Overall, we really like this van, would recommend it, & wish Ford was still building real minivans. The Flex looks like a big, boxy station wagon.
"Pretty Good" by Nurse from Texas on 10/22/2009. Trim: 2006 Ford Freestar SEL, Owned 3 years.
Pros: The ride is pretty smooth.
Cons: There is not much room in the third row seating. The middle seats are a pain to take out. The tire pressure sensors were broke when having to fix a flat, so the little light stays on now.
Overall review: I have only had to change the oil and buy new tires since I bought the van in December of 2006. I have already gotten over 110,000miles on it. So I would recommend this van to family or friends.