2006 Audi A3

A3 - great for restless father with urban family of 4 by Papa needs a race car on 01/15/2009. Trim: 2006 Audi A3 2.0T DSG, Owned 1 year.
Pros: See Overall Review below for my main 6 points. Some extras I like: Nice standard stereo -- it's not as fancy as the Acura ELS, but radio and standard CDs sound very good. Open sky sunroof -- I was shopping for an A3 without this feature, but I really enjoy having it. It's not summer yet - I may feel the heat later. The DSG transmission -- a true tech wonder. It has solved the dilemma of allowing my wife to drive my car, but I do miss a stick. Buying this car used with a dealer CPO backing made it a reasonable price and gave me some additional warranty to back up the press reports that Audi reliability has improved since the year 2000. So far that appears to be true.
Cons: I shopped hard for an American made car, whether Big 3 or foreign brand. None of them fit my six criteria. I wish Ford & GM would offer US customers some of the small but sharp cars that they sell in Europe. Wear can show on the interior of this car, e.g. the aluminum trim shows dings and scrapes, and one panel on the driver seat began to peel (fixed by dealer). I have seen a couple of small Audi eletrical gremlins in the radio controls, though neither has persisted.
Overall review: As a father with a family of 4 living in the city, I searched pretty hard to find a car that could meet all my needs but without charging me for things I don't need or want. The A3 2.0t offers a combination I couldn't find in any other car: (1) small, manueverable, sporty, (2) enough HP for fun, (3) luxurious interior, (4) seats 4 in comfort, (5) safety, (6) reasonable fuel mileage. The next best choice was a Mini Clubman (which has 1, 2, 6 and most of 3 and 5). I'm very happy so far with my A3 on all 6 points.
Street legal go-cart! by 1st time Audi owner not disappointed on 08/16/2006. Trim: 2006 Audi A3 3.2 DSG, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Great acceleration. Driving with the paddles is like living a video game. A grippy little head turner. Car manages to feel substantial yet very nimble. Quattro keeps you on rails when you take it hard into the turns.
Cons: Sunshade is a joke, just broke the replacement. Parking break awkwardly placed when arm rest down. Gas mileage poor, even if you drive nice.
Overall review: A great car, fun to drive, and smartly styled. Not the most fuel-efficient car on the market, but the fun factor is worth a few dollars in gas. Maybe Audi will get the hint and redesign the latch on the sunshade. I expect more for what is otherwise a nicely put together car.
Audi's Sportback with a capital SPORT by Jeremiah from Memphis on 01/02/2006. Trim: 2006 Audi A3 2.0T, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Extremely responsive engine and suspension setup, excellent brakes and (to me,) very attractive styling.
Cons: The OEM Pirelli P6 Four Seasons tires are a very poor choice for a vehicle like this. Too much road noise, not enough grip. They have okay wet weather handling, but there are too many sacrifices in my opinion.
Overall review: Great car. I would highly recomend this vehicle to anyone looking for a small and stylish sports car with a little extra room for carrying people and/or stuff.
A Kick To Drive by Opie from Denver on 12/11/2005. Trim: 2006 Audi A3 2.0T DSG, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: what a blast to drive. This thing takes off and it's loaaded for features. When you compare to other vehicles selling for ~$30K, this one's the hands-down winner (e.g. Accord Hybrid) for combo of looks, gas mileage, features, performance, and utility. My kids love the open sky system (5 yr old and 2yr old). Also the safety factor is great given recent awards to the A3 for saftey.
Cons: It's probably going to get me my first speeding ticket because of how fast it goes. I hit 100 on the highway without trying. This is a sports-car.
Overall review: For the money, it's a great value. Get the premium package and cold weather package. I would have liked to grab the Bose Stereo too, but they didn't have one with the other features I liked (Open Sky, DSG, Premium Package, cold Pack). Did I mention how fast this thing is?
Excellent vehicle by Street Wyze from Ontario on 12/06/2005. Trim: 2006 Audi A3 2.0T DSG, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Everything, very excellent vehicle. Just traded in my 2005 Saab 93 and find this to be a much better vehicle.
Cons: None yet...
Overall review: Excellent vehicle