2006 Ford Expedition

2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  Next
Ford Triton 5.4L engines (Expition , F150, Mustang etc.) by Randy Beaumont, Texas on 03/28/2013. Trim: 2006 Ford Expedition XLS 2WD, Owned 6 years.
Pros: Lots of room, comfortable, the ride is good
Cons: Major problems with the Triton 5.4L motors. Having the spark plugs changed costs from $800.00 - $2000.00. The 2 piece factory plugs break off in the heads upon removal costing an additional $35.00 - $90.00 per broken plug to have removed. This started at 60,000 miles which also caused the catalytic converters to also be replaced an additional $500.00. You must have a mechanic remove the plugs. Ford refuses to acknowledge the need for a recall. Many law suits. Do not buy a ford with a Triton 5.4L or you will pay the Piper!!!
Overall review: Will not ever buy a ford product again
Ford stands the test of time - it has come, gone, but keeps on going! by Misha, Tallahassee, FL on 10/03/2006. Trim: 2006 Ford Expedition XLT 2WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I'm a Ford person so I love it just for that reason alone. But I will have to say I was a little torn between the looks of the Ford compared to the Chevy Tahoe. But the re-designed body style of the Expedition won out. I have always liked the interior design compared to Chevy - has a less plastic look. All the controls are comfortable and flow. Safety ratings were also very important to me because I have a young child. The turn ratio is also outstanding.
Cons: As with all or most full size SUV's gas mileage is definitely not a perk. Though I am an avid Ford buyer I was very disappointed in that during the short period of time I have owned this vehicle (bought in January through today October 3) I have had it in the shop for a faulty low tire pressure sensor and replacement of the ac compressor. With less than 16K that is a little disheartening and worrisome for later on down the road when there is greater wear and tear.
Overall review: Having owned Fords most all of my life with the exception of two Nissans, I'd have to say Ford is by far the best. For about the same price of other comparable vehicles you get a more stylish and upscale look. And recalling one commercial for Chevy where they reference Chevy having the highest re-sale value on the market, and Ford was the lowest, I've always said that's because anyone who owns a Chevy wants to sell it. Ford has the lowest re-sale value because Ford owners know a dependable "keepable" vehicle when they buy one.
Sweet Truck by An MSN Autos Consumer on 05/09/2006. Trim: 2006 Ford Expedition XLT 4WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Outstanding room, great comfortable ride, safe and all the extras you could need and then some with everyone being satisfied.
Cons: The only way to get to the third row is to climb over the seat or to fold it up, not very "roomy" on way out... but the room in the back is enough for a 6 foot tall + man
Overall review: I love the vehicle. I traded in my F-150 and I cant be happier. The ride alone is worth it. I love it and am so glad I went with the Ford.
Best Big SUV out there for the price by An MSN Autos Consumer on 12/31/2005. Trim: 2006 Ford Expedition XLT 4WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Room, comfort. DVD player keeps kids from bothering me.
Cons: Gas mileage.
Overall review: This is my 3rd expedtion. I currently have a 2003 Eddie Bauer Expedition also and will probably buy my 4th expedition when the time comes. Plus Ford is deeply discounting these because of price of gas and slow sales. I just bought mine 2 days ago. Sticker was 42,500 and i got it ofr 32,500. Cant beat it!
From truck to Suv. by Time Bandit on 12/19/2009. Trim: 2006 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4WD, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Styling,int. room, sun roof, traction controll,enterment system,trailer towing package easy to hook up,eng.power,responsive stering,breaking,climate controll, heated and cooled seats,power third seat,eletronic info system,back up warring system,headlights,tow hooks,power mirrows,location of battery,automatic door locks in drive, rear vent windows, satalight tracking lojack, extra power ports , cup holders, keyless entrey,caben air filters under front seats, grage door opeaners,adjustable pedals,delay headlights.
Cons: Running boards too norrow and slick when wet, middel seats hard to fold down, lack of controll of interment system from middel seats,lack of controll of ac,heat second seats,engine hard to service,oil filter is a real pain to change,gages are hard to understan espicely speedo,4 wheel switch is hard to see what position it is in while driving so that you can switch to what type of driving you incounter,no real glove box unless that is all you are going to put in it,lack of real interior lighting especialy front,no real thefit alarm, no light in center consol when you opean it,a more powerfull engine, lets face it gas millage is not its strong point.
Overall review: I have had a copel of fords exp. starting in 1998. I have injoyed them all. And have seen them go from work truck to todays suv. They have gotten a whole lot better at being people frindlly . But in some things they they left out that were beter on older models such as changing the oil filter. On older models it was remote located an easy to get to. But over all I am impresed with them. And look foward to buying newer models.
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  Next