2006 Ford Escape Hybrid

THIS IS JUNK by Tony on 11/10/2009. Trim: 2006 Ford Escape Hybrid 4WD, Owned 3 years.
Pros: One of the best vehicle I owned until the problems started.
Cons: After 51000 miles the PTO went out 1600.00 and had i bought the vehicle 2 months later it would have been covered by Fords powertrain warrenty. I wrote Ford and they told me ti stick it and I told them I would have to buy a KIA and they told me to go a head. I now own a new KIA and I am very happy with there warrenty. I have owened Fords for over 25 years and I will never buy a new Ford again.
Overall review: DO NOT BUY ONE OF THESE>
Outstanding SUV by Thom from Mesa on 09/17/2005. Trim: 2006 Ford Escape Hybrid 4WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Very similar body style to the non-hybrid Escape, which has more appeal to the average consumer. All accessories for non-hybrid Escape are available for the hybrid model, which is an added bonus. It has enough pep to be used as an everyday vehicle, though I have not utilized the vehicle off-road. Excellent handling and the steering is very responsive. Didn't sacrifice any creature comforts for a greener and more fuel efficient vehicle.
Cons: The cost of the Escape Hybrid is more than the non-hybrid model. The air conditioning is driven from the engine, so during hybid mode, the air conditioner must be used in "Max A/C" mode to maintain interior comfort levels in extremely hot weather. The 4-wheel disc brakes have a different "feel" from a traditional vehicle. The vehicle can operate in hybrid mode up to 40 mph, though the means to maintain hybrid mode at higher speeds is very limited. Highway mileage is significantly lower than the rated MPG.
Overall review: I am very satisfied with the purchase of the Ford Escape Hybrid. It's what you would expect from the traditional Ford Escape with the additional benefits of lower emissions and better fuel economy. The vehicle is well worth the extra investment.
PMkkfSJNjrha by ezshift5 on 04/20/2012. Trim: 2006 Ford Escape Hybrid 4WD, Owned 7 years.
Pros: Now that's sbulte! Great to hear from you.
Cons: Now that's sbulte! Great to hear from you.
Overall review: Now that's sbulte! Great to hear from you.
Happy with our Hybrid to Escape by Devon's Nana on 07/29/2011. Trim: 2006 Ford Escape Hybrid FWD, Owned 5 years.
Pros: The 2006 Escape Hybrid does not get the mileage that it says it will get...truly only 28-30 MPG, but the comfort, the performance, sitting up high enough not to be bothered by trucks and big SUVs...it's just a great car. We have 80,000 miles on it now. We added a Garmin GPS as our car didn't have a nav system, and that works fine. (We call her Graciela Garmin because we live in Mexico now).
Cons: I wish it did get 33 mpg. Have not been able to get above 30 MPG in distance or city driving, and 28-29 is typical. That's only 3 more mpg that we had on the Taurus. My husband's automatic door-opening key case broke and it was going to be $200 to replace it. No thanks. He can just unlock the door with the key. We had a surprise problem last year when the battery under the hood died and when it was jumped to take it for replacement, the steering system locked up and turned the car off so the car couldn't be restarted or driven. The dealer had to come pick the car up. They didn't charge us because I had just had it in for the 70,000 mile check. I think they said it's a safety feature! Hah!
Overall review: We had a 1993 Taurus SHO with 250K miles on it when we traded for the 2006 Escape Hybrid! My father sold Chevies when I was growing up and I have absolutely LOVED my Ford vehicles. We have had few problems with them. The Escape Hybrid is another winner as far as we're concerned. It is a comfortable travel car and now that we're retired, it gets a workout!
Perfect SUV for a Small Family by dap from New Jersey on 04/26/2010. Trim: 2006 Ford Escape Hybrid 4WD, Owned 4 years.
Pros: It's a right size SUV with great gas mileage both in-city and highway. Generous cargo room which gets even better with the back seats down. All seating is comfortable will good leg room. Really enjoy the nav package and the AC charger. Comes in quite handy.
Cons: After reading other reviews, I guess it it is a bit noisy. But the other features outweigh this shortfall.
Overall review: We've owned this car since it was new and after almost 70,000 miles it is still running like a champ. Have experienced brief periods of a decrease in gas mileage but those were resolved after a small problem with the power brakes was resolved. (Seemed to be catching prematurely.) I'd recommend this car in an instant. In fact, we're trying to figure out how long to wait before we get another.