2006 Toyota Highlander Hybrid

2006 Toyota Highlander Hybrid Prices
2006 Toyota Highlander Hybrid Fuel Economy
Great midsized SUV by Ray on 08/15/2007. Trim: 2006 Toyota Highlander Hybrid Limited 2WD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Gas milage 26,last SUV 13. Plenty of get up and go.
Cons: No complaints.
Overall review: Owned for one year, and would buy again.
Best value truck I ever owned by David from San Luis Obispo, California on 02/24/2011. Trim: 2006 Toyota Highlander Hybrid Limited 2WD, Owned 5 years.
Pros: I have owned this vehicle since it first arrived on the market. My choice was strongly influenced by the reliable technology in the Prius. I felt confident that Toyota had worked out the "bugs" after several years and the dependability was almost assured; It met these expectations. My milledge has averaged about 27 city/hwy with a high of 32 hwy on Route 1 driving south from San Francisco. I have 85,000 miles on this vehicle without even a minor problem. This vehicle has great torque, in fact faster quicker acceleration on the freeway onramps than any other car I have owned (except my Porsche) I would buy this car again without question. I'll report back at 200k miles.
Cons: Third seat is impractical for any person over 10yoa.
Overall review: I highly recommend this vehicle!
Best vehicle I've ever owned by HAPPY IN INDIANA on 07/21/2008. Trim: 2006 Toyota Highlander Hybrid Limited 4WD, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Gas mileage is 28 mpg average - highway and city combined. We can get 30-32 mpg on the highway, normally, and I got 23 mpg pulling my boat 500 miles. There is a lot of room in the interior, especially with the seats folded down. The extended warranty I purchased was only $1000 to push the warranty out to 100,000 miles. With my Ford Explorer, I would have used that up by 50,000 miles. It is still a 2-ton vehicle, so it has handled winter and rainy weather very well. Lastly, I think the resale value will make it one of the smartest vehicles I've ever owned.
Cons: The front seats feel a bit short and the display on the radio/CD/tape player is somewhat dim. Winter mpg averages about 21 because the engine has to continually run to keep the fluids warm.
Overall review: If you need an SUV with moderate interior space, with 28-32 mpg, and great resale value, this could be your choice. Supposedly, at $2.50 per gallon, we were not going to recoup our extra cost for the hybrid until 150 - 130,000 miles. At $4.00 per gallon, it won't take nearly so long.
Way better than we imagined! by Patriotica on 09/01/2007. Trim: 2006 Toyota Highlander Hybrid 2WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: We get 26 miles a gallon in the mountains! 19 miles a gallon towing a jet ski & loaded with camping gear! These babies are FAST too! I was amazed at the punch. Just a bit of hesitation though, but not enough to be a safety factor.
Cons: Front wheel drive. It is scary the first time you hammer the gas, the frond end is wobbly and the vehicle fishtails a little. I highly suggest getting an all wheel drive, even if you lose a couple miles a gallon (or if you ever drive in snow). I also wish the rear seats folded completely flat, like the third row seats do. Other than that, this is the best vehicle we ever owned by a longshot!!
Overall review: We love our 2006 Highlander Hybrid way more than we thought we would. We bought it for my Wife to commute with our baby. Now, I am seriously considering getting one for myself! Four major considerations make this the best vehicle for us: * Safety * Overall cost * Milage vs. size and cargo room * Versitility I would highly recommend the all wheel drive model for a family vehicle and give it five stars *****
Worst Hybrid on the market. Do not buy. by Ron - Huntsville, AL rcasto where cowboys yell ya..... on 04/03/2007. Trim: 2006 Toyota Highlander Hybrid 2WD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Pretty nice driving and handles well.
Cons: Would never buy this vehicle again. Do not believe the mileage ratings. It only gets 22 to 23 mpg instead of the 30. You can get this from just about any small SUV and not pay the extra.
Overall review: Worst car decision I ever made. Do not buy this vehicle.