2006 Ford Escape

'06 Ford Escape Review by Bryan; Boulder, CO on 04/14/2010. Trim: 2006 Ford Escape XLS FWD, Owned 4 years.
Pros: I love its maneuverability as well as its design. I can carry 5 passengers, including myself, long distances comfortably and also pull a considerable load, such as a jet-ski. It can handle bits of off-road terrain without trouble. The sound system is great and has awesome bass. It has a reasonably-good gas-mileage rate: around 25 mpg on the highway. The inside of the car is much better than previous models. (up to '06)
Cons: It does not come with very good shocks. After a year, I have had to get new tires and shocks because the tire treads wore unevenly. Also, later models have a much more desirable inside and better-looking body.
Overall review: Great car for the outdoors-type person. It works great for in-town and on the highway as well. It gets pretty good gas mileage and has a great sound system. However, some internal parts, such as the shocks and brakes, may need to be replaced after low mileage.
Small but spacious by Griff on 11/26/2009. Trim: 2006 Ford Escape XLT 4WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: My Escape is small but still spacious. It handles well and stops quickly. I love that I can have a carseat and a stroller in the vehicle and still have passenger room and plenty of storage spacce and yet the vehicle is very trim. Love it!!!!
Cons: None.
Overall review: I would definately buy this vehicle again. I bought it used. It is a 2006 but it is great. I love the all of the time 4 wheel drive. I love when my tires need air it lets me know. Great vehicle. I feel safe.
Great SUV for less money. by Brian - Vancouver on 01/06/2009. Trim: 2006 Ford Escape XLT 4WD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Great in snow, the driving and the styling.
Cons: nothing until now.
Overall review: I will buy another one next time.
Never thought I would drive a Ford by Tony of Maryland on 11/23/2008. Trim: 2006 Ford Escape XLS FWD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I never thought i would see the day that I would buy, drive, and love a Ford, but this truck has changed my outlook on a Ford. I had a Suzuki Forenza that was an ok car, nothing to exciting about that car but the rims and spoiler i had. My new Escape is great. Where I live that Forenza would not have made it through the winter. This past Friday there was a big snow storm and for a 2WD truck this truck went through the snow like a 4WD truck. I love this truck. I love the fact that I have an SUV and I do not break my wallet paying for it and filling the tank up with gas.
Cons: There are only two things that I do not like about my new Escape. One, is when I fill the tank up I have to hold the pump in order to fill it up but if i put it at a certian angle I can set the pump to fill it up for me. Two, I hate the amount of brake dust that this car produces after a week of driving. The wheel look black after a week.
Overall review: Other than the two things that i mentioned in the cons section I love this truck. I would recommened this truck to anyone who live in a snowey enviroment and wants a good fuel efficent SUV this would be the one i would recommend. I would buy another one when I get tired of driving this one.
Great milage for SUV by An MSN Autos Consumer on 09/01/2008. Trim: 2006 Ford Escape XLT 4WD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Very reliable vehicle. While I only got an average of 21-22 MPG, this was pretty good for this size of SUV. Good power and acceleration. Looks great especially if you put a little more aggressive tires under it. Ditch the Conti's!
Cons: Interior is decent. They just dont make interior in cars like they used to. Interior ammenities are limited compared to some other cars of the same year but the price probably reflects that. Its AWD instead of 4WD which means no low gear! Like driving a Subaru. But the gas mileage is probably better that way.
Overall review: Good SUV for the price. Would recommend to anyone looking for midsize SUV.
Review ID: #532004 Is this review offensive?