2006 BMW 3-Series

Bad investment by Lourdes on 05/11/2009. Trim: 2006 BMW 325i, Owned 3 years.
Pros: the looks
Cons: Tires are very noisy, interior are peeling on 18,000 miles, problems with door locks, door windows I bought my BMW new and in the first 2 yrs., i took the car 3 times to fix it, every time was for something different. Problems with tire sensor, didn't show me that my pads were low and now my car is all full of rust dust, when you replace whatever is showing you the reset bottom don't reset the area that you change. steering wheel sensors or cables get loose and show you the lock signal. Don't recommend this car to anybody bad experience for the price that we pay.
Overall review: poor
You'd be crazy to drive this beyond its warranty! by Mr.RN, Fremont, CA on 01/16/2012. Trim: 2006 BMW 325i, Owned 6 years.
Pros: Great looking car. Excellent handling/steering, hugs the road (especially on the back roads). Excellent braking. Quiet interior. Premium & Sport package with navigation system.
Cons: This is my second BMW 3 Series. I owned a 2003 325i previously. In my experience, the 2006 325i had numerous problems within two years after the warranty expired. The problems I experienced: 1) DSC/Flat Tire Monitor malfunction. 2) O2 Sensor/Camshaft/Crankshaft Position Sensors faulty. 3) Passenger Restraint/Air Bag System Failure. 4) Water Pump Failure which led to car overheating, Hoses (including high pressure hoses) needing replacement. 5) Moonroof Failure. 6) Oil Gasket leaks. 7) Oil filter housing cracked. 8) Ignition coils failed. 9) Belt tensioner cracked/bearings shot. These were not cheap repairs! Oh, and not to mention, interior parts started peeling even with good care.
Overall review: Overall, if it weren't for all the problems I experienced, it would be the "Ultimate Driving Machine." If you're willing to pay for expensive maintenance/repair cost, this is the vehicle for you. After 65,000 miles and spending over $6K in repairs, I decided it was time for me to go back to driving Japanese vehicles.
Best Car I Have Ever Owned by Jacques from New Orleans on 01/11/2009. Trim: 2006 BMW 325i, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Outstanding fit and finish! The engine feels much more potent than the numbers listed would indicate, especially with the 6 speed auto in sport mode. I prefer a manual transmission but am becoming a quick fan of this one especially with a daily commute in traffic. I love this car, it feels, looks, and drives like a much more expensive and substantial car while remaining perfectly balanced even on terrible roads. I highly recommend it. And the fact that BMW's service plan is the best thing since sliced bread is also pretty nice!
Cons: I didn't buy it sooner! Also, the low ground clearance takes a little getting used to after the last 8 years in SUVs.
Overall review: I drove SUVs for the last 10 years. They were nice, including a terrific Toyota Landcruiser but I will never buy anything other than a BMW again. Amazing car!!
BMW is all you expect it to be, and more...!!!! by Rob in the ATL on 06/28/2006. Trim: 2006 BMW 325i, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: This is a fantistic road car, I've never had a car close to this for ride, handling, and high speed crusing. This car was made for the Autobaun..it wants to run...!!!! The 325i is the best value, the extra cost of the 330i is hard to justify in the USA, and even in Europe, the top speed is the same... And the extra fraction of a second for the 0 - 60 time is hardly worth the extra $6,000+ dollars.
Cons: There is just not enough space in the glove compartment, and other areas in the interior. And it's not the easiest car to get into for a 6 footer. It needs more storage space! And the options are very pricey for the 325i, and really high on the 330i. Stay with the 325i unless you just want to burn some $$$$$.
Overall review: Overall, this is a fun car that makes you feel good while driving. I've always wanted a BMW, I lived in Germany many years ago, and I have been to Munich in the 60's and 90's. If you want a great car that you enjoy driving and looking at, then this is for you! Don't worry about any ego emissions if this is what you want. This car is everything you could expect and more. You may find more "toys" on another car, but you won't find the handling and shear fun of driving that the BMW provides. If you love to drive, then this is the car for you!
Beware BMW by An MSN Autos Consumer on 02/21/2013. Trim: 2006 BMW 325i, Owned 7 years.
Pros: Good looks, good gas milage
Cons: Many problems that inhibited performance and comfort. RFT very poor performance, many electrical problems
Overall review: Poor