2005 Volkswagen Jetta

The best car Ive ever owned! by debbyodriscoll on 03/26/2009. Trim: 2005 Volkswagen Jetta 2.5L, Owned 4 years.
Pros: The way it drives, comfort, mpg and its beauty. I have owned 5 brand new cars and this is by far the best automobile I have ever had. People always compliment me on what a beautiful car I have. It drives smooth and the sound system is great. I was so lucky to have found a car like this, I love it.
Cons: Nothing!
Overall review: I think I said it before. I love this car. Safe, good gas mileage, beautiful and luxurious.
Jettin Jetta by Blondee on 03/01/2011. Trim: 2005 Volkswagen Jetta 2.5L, Owned 3 years.
Pros: I am a Women and I can always count on the reliability of these cars mechanically and I can count on great air conditioing and heating! Its sporty looking. This car has plenty of pick up and moves. The trunk is large and I feel very safe in this car, also the folding seat options are very helpful. I can easily manuver parkings lot becase its compact and the turning radius is great. The gas milage is not as bad as a lot of other especially for the kind of car you get.
Cons: There is one specific problem I have with this particular model and not in any others I have had, that is the arrow buttons for the radio are kinda rubbed off and you see white plastic under where there is black finish, it looks kinda ratty.
Overall review: I love Jetta I have had 4 in the last 10 years love them all. Compared to anything in its class it has it all where others do not. You always get more for your money hands down. More important I am a Women and I can always count on the reliability of these cars. These cars have it all for the price point! and they have the good looks as well. Jetta are great for long distance driving as well.
DO NOT BUY THIS CAR by jbenn on 09/15/2005. Trim: 2005 Volkswagen Jetta Value Edition 2.5L, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: style, trunk size for class of vehicle, interior room, ergonomics, manual tranny, handling
Cons: engine--weak performance, noisy, not fuel effecient, quality issues--built in mexico not germany or U.S., clutch pulls out too quickly, fit/finish of materials, price--can get an accord lx for lower cost than value edition, road noise, doors make loud clank when closing
Overall review: there are much better choices to be made in this class of vehicle at this price range. Car is overpriced and lack of true value. VW quality issues remain. I would advise anyone to stay away from this car due to better choices available at this price point. This is not a bmw and should not be compared to the 3 series
VW rules! by Mike on 12/14/2009. Trim: 2005 Volkswagen Jetta 2.5L, Owned 4 years.
Pros: I love the ride. It has great take off and stopping power. The inside is laid out well and its got room to spare. Great all around car.. and you cant beat good gas mileage.
Cons: The only bad I can come up with is the noise. Its not bad but if you arent ready for it, it could be off putting. And... the seats though I like them after about 4,5 hrs of driving they start to get to you.
Overall review: I love my car. It is just what I need and a little of what I want. A few small after market things and I wont have any complaints.
Happy we purchased! by An MSN Autos Consumer on 05/02/2005. Trim: 2005 Volkswagen Jetta 2.5L, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Great looking interior and exterior; feels expensive. Feels much bigger and more comfortable than previous model.People can actually sit comfortably in the back seat (much more room than an A4).
Cons: Gas mileage could be better.
Overall review: We are pleased with our purchase.