2006 Pontiac G6

GM's G6 home run! by Me on 04/04/2008. Trim: 2006 Pontiac G6 GTP Coupe, Owned 1 year.
Pros: This car is FAST. With 240hp, 240torque you're never too far from the thrill of acceleration. Just plant your right foot and that's it. I like the tap shift , although I'd rather the 6 spd manual tranny. This car gets TONs of looks. The engine sounds great, and the exhaust note sticks out.
Cons: I wish the 6spd manual was easier to find, but that's fine, tap shift is still lots of fun. Better mpg would be nice, . . ohh wait, that's what K&N air filters are for :-)
Overall review: The "experts" can shove it! This car is just as good, if not better than Accord, Camry, & Altima in the corners, and definitely better in a straight line acceleration. For someone who isn't the a speed junkie like me, the GT Coupe still looks great, better mpg too. If you're in the market, take a second look at Pontiac before listening to what the "experts" have to say!
Dependable and fun to drive by Mike from NY on 09/11/2012. Trim: 2006 Pontiac G6 GT Sedan, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Telescopic steering wheel and leg room ( because i am 6'2) The panoramic sun roof. The acceleration.(also installed a cold air intake) The overall sleek styling. Good gas mileage on hwy. Interior trim. Very dependable. Heated seats. Steering wheel controls.
Cons: Replacing brake pads more than normal. I also had a leak from a clogged drain in the panoramic sunroof but it was easy to fix at home no need to bring it into a shop. Little bit of noise from panoramic sunroof but can be adjusted. Wish it came with a stock aux input but i put an aftermarket aux input on the stock radio.
Overall review: I think the car is great all around i was lucky enough not to have any steering column clunks or noises. It drives very smoothly and shifts nicely. Despite the fact i had a leak in the sunroof it was an easy fix and had no other problems with this car. It is surprisingly roomy in the front as far as leg room. I would recommend this car to anyone mainly because it keeps it fun to drive and its highly dependable.
Having too much fun! by Mom's new car! on 08/30/2008. Trim: 2006 Pontiac G6 GTP Sedan, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Love the sporty look, the lines, the handling, EVERYTHING. Great leg room in back for my very tall kids. Great sound. Love all the fun "buttons" and features. Great car. Lots of get up and go for those times where you have the "need for speed". So far, it's great!
Cons: Bought the car used and the CD player isn't working, but it'll get checked out soon! I have no doubts it will get fixed to my satisfaction!
Overall review: LOVE IT! Six foot, blue eyed, blonde driving an electric blue car get the looks! Gotta love that!
Review ID: #531966 Is this review offensive?
onen sweet ride by An MSN Autos Consumer on 07/29/2011. Trim: 2006 Pontiac G6 V6 Sedan, Owned 5 years.
Pros: Due to some unforseen circumstances, my G6 had to sit for 5 years without being started all the time in harsh midwest elements and everyone kept telling me that it would need new seals and how it would be leaking oil and the remaining fuel in the tank would cause problems ... well after five years of just sitting ... the only thing I had to do was jump the battery and took it to the Pontiac dealer for inspection, everything was fine ... no leaks, got it serviced and replaced the tires since it had been sitting for five years and now I have taken the car cross country and it is still sweet
Cons: I would have liked it to come standard mp3 CD player, but oh well, you can't have everything
Overall review: overall, would I buy this car again, yes
G6 sedan v6 by An MSN Autos Consumer on 05/10/2011. Trim: 2006 Pontiac G6 V6 Sedan, Owned 5 years.
Pros: I love my G6 its pretty sporty for the 4 door sedan it goes pretty good and braking isnt bad at all.... Only wish it was rear wheel drive would have made it even better... For a cheaper car it runs awesome gas millage isnt bad compared to some cars.
Cons: The only thing I really dislike about the pontiac is the fact it clunks in the steering .... I work for a parts store and Gm gave the me run around about it ... no matter how much is replaced the clunk comes back. adn my stereo head unit will play cds but wont eject them any more
Overall review: Overall i owuld suggest this car to any one