2005 Nissan Xterra

XTERRA-MY HERO SUV by Suzanne from Woburn,Ma on 01/04/2008. Trim: 2005 Nissan Xterra OR 4WD, Owned 3 years.
Pros: I have owned Nissans since 1978. This is one of the few SUV that still have a manual transmission. I love to drive this and it is exceptionally reliable and trouble free. Lots of cargo room.
Cons: I wish the front seats had more of a lumbar support and that the head rest was forward adjustable to give more neck support.
Overall review: I LOVE IT AND HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT IF YOU WANT A RELIABLE SUV FOR ON OR OFF ROAD! I HAVE OWNED IT SINCE IT WAS NEW<NOW 3 YEARS>
Great Vehical by Nunya on 03/01/2013. Trim: 2005 Nissan Xterra OR 4WD, Owned 8 years.
Pros: Traction in winter is great. I live in Alaska and roads are always ice and snow.
Cons: None
Overall review: Great auto
Great Vehicle for 4-5 years then it turns into a lemon. by An MSN Autos Consumer on 09/21/2012. Trim: 2005 Nissan Xterra, Owned 7 years.
Pros: Great off road and stylish vehicle.
Cons: Worthless after about 80,000 to 90,000 miles to known problems. Transmission failure almost a given.
Overall review: To bad Nisan never owned up to the quality problems or offered any incentive to those who bought this Lemon. Everything I liked about this vehicle went South at 80,000 miles. Fuel sending Unit, Heat/air conditioning controls, and most of all the Transmission at 84,000 miles that was caused by a faulty desing of the cooling system allowing coolant into the transmission. I have never owned such a nice vehicle for offroad that turned into such a bad investment. This was my first Nissan and will have to say probably my last. I was looking at apprx 6,000 in repairs so I decided to trade it in on a Honda. If you own a 2005 take it to Nisan and demand they fix the problem before it's to late.
The Ultimate Money Pit by Weezy on 08/26/2012. Trim: 2005 Nissan Xterra SE 4WD, Owned 4 years.
Pros: The look was always great.
Cons: It is a money pit! The transmission, radiator, sensors, and more have gone on this, and I am in this thing well into the thousands of dollars. I can't afford to trade it in due to negative equity. I wonder if the people who gave it positive reviews back in 2005, 2006, and 2007 would still feel the same way now if their cars are over 100,000 - when they essentially become too expensive to keep running.
Overall review: Stay away from this SUV unless you like fixing your vehicles.
take the bus by An MSN Autos Consumer on 06/14/2012. Trim: 2005 Nissan Xterra SE 4WD, Owned 7 years.
Pros: Off Roading capabilities which i did use and still am.
Cons: Costing Me more to fix then to drive. Tranny and rad issues cost me $6100 to fix due to design flaw. Put alot of money in repairs after it go over 150,000k Never broke anything from offroading but when it breaks its never something small.
Overall review: Buy a 4runner