2005 Jaguar X-Type Sportwagon

A well-built, comfortable estate wagon by An MSN Autos Consumer on 07/29/2012. Trim: 2005 Jaguar X-Type Sportwagon 3.0, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Solid performance, good build quality, more interior room than a Volvo XC70, although you wouldn't think so by looking at it. Excellent winter performance here in Canada. Good heated seats, and comfortable driving position, even for someone 6'4" like myself. The only mechanical failure in 100,000 miles has been the A/C compressor, which is not made by Jaguar.
Cons: Part of the fabric lining the A-pillars is letting go at the leading edge.
Overall review: A slam-dunk for Jaguar, and unfortunately this car did not sell well in North America.
A great luxury sports wageon by Richard on 10/31/2013. Trim: 2005 Jaguar X-Type Sportwagon 3.0, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: handling is great; style is top of the line even now in 2013 (for a 2005); engine performs very well even in cold Ohio and many creature comforts and special details
Cons: the only complain is the fabric on the front window columns looks uneven. However I am having it pulled off partly and re-attached for a smooth clean look. Minor concern but for someone like me whose eyes keep going to it well worth the minor expense to take care of!!
Overall review: Jaguar did well with this 2005 sportswagon
Best kept secret by The Shortender on 05/19/2008. Trim: 2005 Jaguar X-Type Sportwagon 3.0, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Ultra style, every week we are asked about this car in parking and lots gas stations with posative remarks. The price was very good.
Cons: we bought it by accident as it was not and has not been marketed strongly, in otherwords it was and is a well kept secret!!!
Overall review: Read above, this was our third Jag and the best.
I Love my Jaguar Sportwagon by Rebecca Oklahoma City on 04/16/2008. Trim: 2005 Jaguar X-Type Sportwagon 3.0, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I love my Jaguar sportwagon. I will own this car for a long time. I went from a 2006 BMW 325i to this and although I miss my BMW, I enjoy this car. I feel safer driving with my child. People do double takes when I drive by.....guess most people don't know about a Jaguar stationwagon.
Cons: Of course....gas
Overall review: Fun and safe sportwagon
My first Jag. by Henry T., Grass Valley, CA on 09/25/2006. Trim: 2005 Jaguar X-Type Sportwagon 3.0, Owned 1 year.
Pros: It's styling beats all other wagons! AWD is a benefit when it snows here in the Sierra Nevada foothills.
Cons: Center console displays and radio are not well laid out and have rather poor visibility. "J" gate transmission shifter is antiquated. Spare tire stowage well does not accommodate a normal tire and the foam insert. This is a big problem if you already have the cargo area packed with a weekend’s worth of luggage!
Overall review: Would I buy another? Absolutely!