2005 Kia Sportage

"My KIA" by Victoria on 03/17/2009. Trim: 2005 Kia Sportage LX V6 2WD, Owned 2 years.
Pros: I love this vehicle. Dependable and trouble free. Nice ride and economical.
Cons: I have found nothing that I do not like about this vehicle
Overall review: Perfect vehicle for my husband and I. Dependable and safe.
THE ULTIMATE SUV, BETTER THEN THE LARGE ONES by REV.WILBERT WOODLEY STOCKTON, CALIF on 08/03/2008. Trim: 2005 Kia Sportage LX 2WD, Owned 3 years.
Pros: THERE IS NO TRIM ON THIS VEHICLE AND IT GETS HIT BY OTHER VEHICLES ALL THE TIME. MY KIA IS BEGINNING TO LOOK BAD BECAUSE OF NO PROTECTION. OVER ALL IT IS A VERY GOOD VEHICLE TO HAVE, I HAVE TWO
Cons: DRIVES VERY WELL AND COMFORTABLE
Overall review: VERY GOOD
Surprised by Pac-Man on 12/23/2010. Trim: 2005 Kia Sportage LX 4WD, Owned 4 years.
Pros: Roomy, power to pull sailboat trailer up steep ramps. realtively trouble free, Fit and finish. Warranty, front wheel bearings failed @99,500 warranty covered them
Cons: MpG is low, 15-20, Dealer service, wanted to do unnecessary maint items 35K before due, A/C failed @90K, No maintenance books available for do it your selfers. Poor resale value in local market
Overall review: Overall a very relaible and well built vehicle, would probably buy another. Dependability a big plus and surprise!
R.I.P. Good Friend, May your replacement do half as well as you did! by Misty eyed in Ct. on 11/13/2010. Trim: 2005 Kia Sportage LX V6 4WD, Owned 6 years.
Pros: Bought my mighty-mite-ute new in 2004. Would never have considered even test driving old body style Sportage, but this one caught my eye. The new distinctive style, impressive equipment package, and extensive list of standard safety features made me curious, one test drive and I was hooked. 5 yrs, and close to 100,000 miles latter, I can firmly state, the less then $20k invested in the purchase, was the best dollar/mile value possible. Other then standard maintianance, tires, oil changes and the like, never did this vehicle need any repair, none, -0-. All original equipement functioned admirably. 20 mpg from day 1 as expected. Long story made short, got my cake...ate it too!!!!
Cons: Seating surfaces could become uncomfortable on longer trips (1-2 hours +) as they lacked support. Body side molding did little to protect door paint. Thats it...
Overall review: To me, a vehicle is little more then a tool. At point A, need to be at point B. Emotion, well thats for the family, transportation is transportation... I can now emphatically state that as I write this I'm a wee bit sad. An old friend is no longer part of my life...My Sportage served my family and I well in the 5+ years I owned it. Now three weeks after it was totaled sitting in front of my home. I will fess up to the fact that I miss her... From day 1, this vehicle looked as good as SUV's selling for $20k or more, and matched them on any highway or twisty mountain road I would encounter one on. When the snow drifted down and accumulated, 4WD insured an un-eventful conclusion to any journey. The perfect blend of roomy effieciancy would best describe the utility I recieved during my ownership.
KIA Sportage by DixieGal in Canada on 07/16/2008. Trim: 2005 Kia Sportage LX 2WD, Owned 2 years.
Pros: From the moment I first sat down in my KIA and drove it off the lot, I became a dedicated KIA owner. It's great as far as gas mileage goes, it handles beautifully in town or on the open highway.
Cons: I love my little KIA Sportage; however... it didn't come with a/c. Even in Canada, there are days when air conditioning would be nice.
Overall review: The KIA Sportage is a great little car and I've had the opportunity to brag about it on a number of occasions. Its a stylish and well performing vehicle. Add to that, a Warranty that leaves other auto manufacturers in the dust, its the best value going.