2005 Kia Amanti

Fantastic ride! by UNCFLEA Bedford, VA on 05/25/2011. Trim: 2005 Kia Amanti Sedan, Owned 2 years.
Pros: I get 30 to 33 MPG on the highway. Love the gas milage and big car feeling and comfort. .
Cons: Absolutely nothing.
Overall review: Love it.
Love my Kia by LCH from Michigan on 01/27/2009. Trim: 2005 Kia Amanti Sedan, Owned 2 years.
Pros: This car has all the features that you would find in a much more expensive car. great looks, smooth quiet ride.
Cons: If I have to come up with a con it would be the gas mileage.
Overall review: This car is a joy to drive, the ride is pure luxury, from the instrument panel to the heated seats with lower lumbar support. After checking out the competition there was no comparison even the price was better then the rest of the cars in its field.
Nice but dangerous car by An MSN Autos Consumer on 10/27/2009. Trim: 2005 Kia Amanti Sedan, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Great looking car, feels like a $40,000 - $50,000 luxury vehicle inside. Very quiet inside.
Cons: The car has a sudden acceleration problem. I have researched this and found thousands of other people with the same problem on the 05 model. This is a very dangerous problem and has almost caused me to get in an accident several times. The dealership is stumped and can not seem to fix it. They thought it was my fault at fist but one day they experienced the problem first hand and the service technician refused to ever take it out on a test drive again.
Overall review: Great car for the money but the sudden acceleration problem would make me never reccomend the 05 model to anyone until Kia can fix it.
Interior luxery by Liz Carr from Ohio on 08/08/2007. Trim: 2005 Kia Amanti Sedan, Owned 2 years.
Pros: I love my Kia. The interior is complete comfort. It has all the luxeries of a lexus without the price. Safety features are above average. I especially liked dimming of headlight shine at night in the mirrors. Dashboard lights are awesome.
Cons: Only cons for me so far, is say valvoline oil change, they never have my filters or anything in stock for a kia. This has happened more than once. Gas mileage should be much better, than what i get.
Overall review: 9.5
My Korean Lexus by John from Sammamish on 10/19/2005. Trim: 2005 Kia Amanti Sedan, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I love driving the car, it still turns heads, and people are shocked when I tell them that it's a Kia. The first time my next door neighbor saw it he thought I bought a Bentley. The little touches are nice, the sunglass holder, the drink holder and the passenger handles are viscous dampened. The seats are comfortable and the legroom in the back is limousine-like. The ride is incredibly quiet even with the sun roof open because it slides into the roof rather than just up and over it. The sound system is great, particularly with CDs and FM radio.
Cons: I had a few mechanical problems with it early on. The check engine light came on because there was a vapor leak in my system. Apparently when they assembled the fuel tank they over tightened the connection between the tank and the fuel line causing air to get into the system and trip the check engine sensor. Since that was a strange defect to track down it took 5 visits to the dealer to resolve. The only other problem I have with the car is the AM radio. It cuts in and out, I had the radio replaced once already and it is doing it again. I’m not sure if it is a weak connection to the antenna or there is a flaw in the radio design. FM, CD and cassette all work perfectly.
Overall review: I enjoy driving this car more and more everyday, it is the kind of car you can be proud to be seen in and yet not worry too much if your kids spill soda in the back. I enjoy driving my Audi and Mercedes owning friends in it because they are surprised by the quality.