2005 Nissan Murano

Not what you expect (in a good way) by Dan from NY on 07/12/2012. Trim: 2005 Nissan Murano SL AWD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I just purchased a used Murano and have been driving a Jeep Wrangler for the past 6+ years. What a difference in driving experience but two very different type and purpose vehicles. Thus far have been driving it for about a week, and I would highly recommend it to anyone who is looking for a vehicle that has the luxury feel features without the cost although some of the items in and outside of the vehicle appear to be cheaply made. Good for small family. The ride is very comfortable although you do feel the imperfections of the road. Handling could be better - does not control well as I would like in the turns. Best features is the back seat room (have a child seat still room) & Bose stereo.
Cons: From many reviews I have read there seems to be a mix of persons with issues and problems with reliability with the vehicle however have owned it only for a short period of time. I do notice some minor issues; driver side visor keeps falling down (read that it is a problem with the model with no factory correction possible), some of the trim is warping, and the undercarrige has equipment that is very close to the ground (ground clearance would be a problem even on light offroading). Their are some squeaks and noises inside the cabin at times but overall ok. Views out of the rear window could be better. There appears to be a need for premium (recommended) gas - 87 makes noise. Not sure mpg.
Overall review: Overall, it appears to be a good vehicle. Never thought I would own one but saw it on the lot and the test drive and price was the selling point. If you do not have a need for more than 5 passengers, it is a good vehicle; good for small families with 1 or 2 kids. The truck space is good and the fold down rear seats using the pull handle levers in the trunk are a great feature. You should test drive one if you are considering a purchase, it does have good acceleration...but believe that it needs premium gas if you want extra pep. My first Nissan and if it goes well could see myself owning another in the future.
SL Touring by Sam R From Philadelphia on 07/16/2010. Trim: 2005 Nissan Murano SL AWD, Owned 2 years.
Pros: For starters it feels like a big altima. The ride is great, and the handling is responsive and sharp. Gas mileage is ok. The touring package is a plus. Navigation is useful and the backup camera comes in handy. Accelerates good and the interior is comfortable. The high intenisty lights are great. Handles great in the snow and foul weather.
Cons: No cons at all.
Overall review: This is a great vehicle for anyone wanting a crossover that rides like a car. In Philadelphia we had the most snowfall in 15 years (72 inches total). The murano performed very well. I got my moneys worth this winter. Opt for the touring package, it's the way to go. Does everything you need it to.
My favorite ride so far... by Anna from Houston on 04/03/2009. Trim: 2005 Nissan Murano SL AWD, Owned 3 years.
Pros: It has great styling, the interior is extremely roomy and comfortable, wonderful perfomance, and with the addition of certain options it really has the feel of a luxury vehicle. The gas mileage isn't bad at all, either.
Cons: Nissan reccomends premium fuel for this car; however, it seems to perform just fine on mid-level fuel. The blind spots are a little large. I had one issue with my CD changer but I think that was MY particular one acting strange, not anything that's a common problem, and Nissan was wonderful about getting it fixed right away.
Overall review: I love my Murano. Its roomy enough for me and my family plus all the stuff I haul around, gear for the kids etc, without losing the sporty feel that I'm used to. I couldn't ask for more in a car for this price. I absolutely recommend it!
Murano by Aron from Arizona on 07/22/2008. Trim: 2005 Nissan Murano SL AWD, Owned 2 years.
Pros: I like the unique styling of the Murano, and the drive is excellent. Acceleration is impressive for a vehicle of this weight, as is handling. Steering is tight and responsive, and the ride is quite comfortable. The fold down seats are easy to use with the rear lever, and that makes the Murano a very easy car to travel in. Performs well in the snow, and the stock sound system is exceptional. I also really appreciate the panoramic view of the windshield and the comfort of the rear seat. The CVT transmission works flawlessly in this vehicle and matches Nissan's awesome VQ engine perfectly.
Cons: Gas mileage is the only reason we traded in our Murano. It wasn't bad, given the car's performance and curb weight, but not practical enough for our current lifestyle. I was never crazy about the orange glow from the dash displays, but they are easily read day and night. Nissan also reccomends premium fuel which became an enormous expense, however the car seem to perform fine on normal octane.
Overall review: I would recommend the Murano to anyone looking for an attractive, versatile vehicle. In my mind, Nissan has created the perfect blend of sporty sedan and SUV. The Murano has the comfortable ride and sporty feel of a great sedan with the versatility, space, and elevated ride height of a good SUV. The engine and CVT transmission make for a sporty but smooth and comfortable ride. The styling isn't for everyone, but if you like the way it looks, just wait til you experience the way it drives.
Just Ok if you like screaming windows. by Northwest on 09/03/2007. Trim: 2005 Nissan Murano SL AWD, Owned 2 years.
Pros: I liked it when I first bought it, but then the windshield exploded and had to be replaced. Lets see does anyone else have problems with the windows squeaking when the temp is over 80Degrees?
Cons: Due to the windows squeaking and having them to get them corrected in 3 Nissan Vehicles, 92 Maxima, 2002 v.6 Altima and now the Murano I will not purchase a Nissan again. Have had to get the automatic window motor replaced also (in 2 Nissan vehicles).
Overall review: Good room, coffee holders messy and hard to clean. Windows scream when its hot and Nissan has no answer!