2005 Mazda Mazda6 Sport Wagon

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Sport Wagon Prices
2005 Mazda Mazda6 Sport Wagon Fuel Economy
Good and happy car by Balthazar from Montreal (Canada) on 05/12/2011. Trim: 2005 Mazda Mazda6 Sport Wagon s, Owned 6 years.
Pros: Bought it new in 2005. Almost no maintenance (but I don't drive that much). Lots of room. Air conditioning and heating good for Montreal. Performance available when needed, but you have to be agressive in your driving to feel it. You can achieve the 7 litres/kilometer on highways when you respect the limits. I like the drive feel at all speeds (but almost never drive it at 140km/h (80 m/h) for gas savings and police risks!)
Cons: Cheap front seats, had to be replaced after 5 years on the driver side. No MP3 inputs, no electric connector for computers (just too early in 2005, these options were just starting to appear). Heavy on gas when you go over limits and in town during winter. I own the 4 cylinders. Original tires were so so, and following high quality Bridgestone were a complete wreck from the start. Don't try tight turns.
Overall review: This car following a 1990 Volks Jetta, I am very, very happy with it. No constant problems. In 6 years, got heavier repairs twice: one for gas pump (very rare occurence, $$$) and once for brake discs (normal, $$). In 2011, I have to change the driver seat and the windows trimmings due to start of rust. Comfortable car, with enough power for my needs. Good and happy! I will keep it for another 4 to 10 years, depending on the overall costs of maintenance and new cars available for my older days.
Quick and useful by Scooter the Commuter from Chicago on 03/22/2006. Trim: 2005 Mazda Mazda6 Sport Wagon s, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: It's in a niche of its own. Lots of cargo room but performance and handling are as good as the sedan. I love the looks of the sportwagon. Good power and great handling. Quiet, but very in touch with the road. Likes to be driven..Quality of materials and interior design is exemplary.
Cons: Seat bottoms in front need another inch or two in length, door arm rests are hard plastic. While the materials are attractive, a little padding underneath would be a plus.
Overall review: Of the 20 or so new cars I've bought over the years, the sportwagon is the most fun to drive and is exceptionally versatile also.
The perfect family car by An MSN Autos Consumer on 05/09/2012. Trim: 2005 Mazda Mazda6 Sport Wagon, Owned 7 years.
Pros: There isn't anything I do not like about my Mazda6 Sport Wagon. I love the red dash lighting (and it is actually easier on the eyes than most other lighting). I was first concerned that I wouldn't be able to fit a kayak rack on top but soon learned that my 8' kayak will slide in and the hatch will close with little effort. Nice.
Cons: When I bought it I put in an ipod hardwire rig sold at Best Buy so that solved that issue. The factory Bose system is great.
Overall review: When I take it for regular maintenance at the dealer they love seeing it because it was only made a couple of years and they rarely see them. It is a sharp looking vehicle. I Bought it with one owner back in 2007 and it is about to cross the 100k miles mark. Thanks Mazda!
Great looking wagon by Hot in Texas on 08/01/2008. Trim: 2005 Mazda Mazda6 Sport Wagon s Sport, Owned 2 years.
Pros: great acceleration, good brakes, comfortable on long drives. Gas mileage is better than I expected. I average 27 MPG, 22 in town and 30 on the highway, but it took a year to achieve that mileage.I drive it mostly on the road and with the gas prices, it was worth the money. I bought it in Jan 2006 as a 2005 closeout and got a good bargain
Cons: Wish it had better air conditioning because here in the southwest I have to use the recirulating to keep it cool enough. The low profile tires make for a bumpy ride on rough roads. Wish I could have got electric seats and it could use better lumbar support
Overall review: Great car if you're not over six feet and great gas mileage
Sporty, but had several unfortunate experiences by Matt from Iowa on 01/26/2007. Trim: 2005 Mazda Mazda6 Sport Wagon s Sport, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Being a car guy, I love to buy new cars. With a family on the way, I needed to find something to trade in my Mustang on. I love the styling and comfort of the Mazda 6 sportwagon. It is one of those family cars that still looks cool! All of the extras, like radio controls on the steering wheel were nice additions to a family sedan. Pricing on this vehicle was very good as well.
Cons: While I love the looks of my wagon, I've had considerable quality issues. The first few months my car started only about half the time because of anti-theft system issues. Shortly thereafter the engine management computer failed and the car spent nearly a week in the shop getting repaired. I've had tons of transmission problems. They started out with simply shifting hard, then getting "stuck" in a gear. Today I found out the transmission in the car needs to be replaced. I bought this vehicle new and have only put on less than 17,000 miles. I've also had problems with vibration in the brakes. The rotors were replaced when I had about 10,000 miles on it.
Overall review: The 6 Wagon has great looks and is a great value. Many of my friends have had excellent luck with this vehicle. Unfortunately, I received the lemon. With a new family, my wife and I have decided to trade this car off this weekend and we haven't even owned it for a year.