2005 BMW 3-Series

Top Style by Captain MP, Ashland, Oregon on 11/07/2010. Trim: 2005 BMW 325Ci Convertible, Owned 5 years.
Pros: Total delight and a real attention getter. Top down is prettiest convertible ever. A delight to drive. No problems though I'm religious about maintenance.
Cons: Useless in snow. Happy (but disappointed) that I missed the introduction of AWD.
Overall review: Plenty enough power for USA. Would purchase again but am keeping it as long as it's worry free.
BMW 330XI by Khurs on 08/02/2005. Trim: 2005 BMW 330xi, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: BMW 330XI - Best car I have ever driven. This vehicle is so much fun to drive. Handling, agility, speed are all excellent. Awesome in the snow too....
Cons: Not a thing.....
Overall review: Shocking how much I like this car. I have had about 10 cars and get bored with most after a few months. This car is never boring....
Exclnt Hwy. Vehicle with Issues. by Don - South Central NH on 06/23/2010. Trim: 2005 BMW 325xi, Owned 5 years.
Pros: Very Good Fuel Economy - 32 Hwy. Handling & Performance is Excellent. HID Headlamps are a life-saver / Lo-Beam & Hi-Beam. AWD is excellent in snow with Nokian WR Tires. Have passed State Troopers (at 40MPH) & they had chains on - on icy hwy's. Interior Lighting is Excellent. Paint Quality is Excellent - 1 Good coat of Teflon Polymer Sealant per year is more than enough.
Cons: Very Hard Seats - Dense Seat Cushioning. Extremely stiff suspension. Seats are narrow - Not for a person that is even slightly overweight. Stiff steering - makes for tough city driving. My 1-Ton Chevy Truck is easier to drive in the city. Side Rear-view Mirrors are small. When reversing, ONLY Pass. Side Mirror tilts down & it tilts too far down. Dealership canNOT adjust this feature. No Horn Chirp when Locking remotely. Fog Lights are too low to be truly effective - for appearance only.
Overall review: Excellent Handling, Acceleration, Performance & Fuel Economy. Designed for Highway Trips. NOT for a Tall person over 6 Feet. NOT for any person who has had prior surgeries - very stiff suspension. Driver & Passengers can "feel" every crack in the asphalt. Bought at a Dealership in No. VT & they offer Excellent Customer Service.
Not a BMW dealer..A real owner!! by Jim on 02/20/2005. Trim: 2005 BMW 325xi, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: The appearance is both modern and clean.
Cons: See below
Overall review: Many of the reviews here are correct. The BMW is extremely safe. Its best safety feature is that you can't wreck if the car is always in the shop. The dealer has worked with me but the constant problems, especially electrical are annoying me. I wish that I would not have bought this vechile. I paid almost 36K for my 325Xi and I paid way too much. Not enough standard options and not enough power. My brothers 17K Grand Am has the same get up and go. A Grand AM!!! In short... BMW has quality issues, is extrememly underpowered for the money and does not offer enough options.
BMW 325i - THE ULTIMATE DRIVING MACHINE by AL D on 06/16/2008. Trim: 2005 BMW 325i, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: After driving american brands for the last 18 years, I finally switched to a BMW which I wanted since the mid 90s. What a difference! WOW. Love driving it, it is so precise and hugs the road like none other. I've actually got 35mpg on HWY, but overall averaging about 25mpg which is not bad since I switched from Jeep Grand Cherokee. Love the exterior styling (better than new 08 models), interior is awesome, first leather car for me. Everything is automatic, lights, windshield wipers, air conditioning.
Cons: It definitely needs a turbo. While it is fast, turbo would complete the package. I guess, 335i is next on my list. Seats are a bit hard but comfortable, a few more weeks and I'll get used to it.
Overall review: This is definitely a drivers car and not for the average person.