2005 Suzuki Verona

I Guess I Bought A Bad One by Blackbob from Cleveland on 09/20/2006. Trim: 2005 Suzuki Verona S, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Unique shape, smooth ride
Cons: Overall quality
Overall review: It seems from all web reviews I come across thus far that this car is either hit or miss. Either no problems whatsoever or problematic to the hilt. The part that concerns me is that for the people who are complaining of problems, almost all indicate engine problems involving the ECM and sensors. I had my ECM reprogrammed then completely replaced and an oxygen sensor replaced. My Verona is still stalling at stoplights and sputtering when cruising while the engine light keeps turning on and off. If this engine ran normally I'd love this car, but long warranty or not, it is a pain taking this car back to the mechanic every week.
East Canadian Veronas (Ontario) by mike riley from ottawa on 04/23/2014. Trim: 2005 Suzuki Verona EX, Owned 9 years.
Pros: the styling is outstanding , nice agressive grills and interior, not so roomy at the back but realy love the interior, would prefer have it red instead of blue .(dreamy red color!)
Cons: engine problems, stalling after 35K miles on it , all kind of sensors had to be changed (crankshaft,air flow, speed sensor) timing belt go out fast ( broke ak 35-40K miles instead of 60K miles like others) I personally dont recommand it to anyone who want a reliable car, but go forth if you have money to waste and like the styling (bough mine in Eastern Canada) And still continued to stall while having the whole engine re-built TWICE! the car has gone last year to the scrapyard , I was tired having it in my backyard. canadian weather dont fit this car ! better buy an american one instead of a canadian one! everything go out fast on this car. poorly built car!
Overall review: any one I know who bough one (new or used) had the same problem , just like my dad who is 79 years old. He changed it after having same kind of problems with his.(he owned a 2006 Verona).
suzuki verona 2005 by Sbcos on 04/09/2014. Trim: 2005 Suzuki Verona, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I like this vehicle for its comfort and extramaneuvers.
Cons: Boy has it started to cost problems it does not even have 100,000 miles on it let alone 10 years the engine light turna on i need a new thermostat, throttle position switch, and its started using oil like crazy. If my family didn't own a full round auto body and repair shop taking my car to the mechanic would have left me with no cash.
Overall review: If you are a mechanic and like cheap thinga this is your car.
Verona you need an AAA member ship by Rich from ohio on 12/31/2011. Trim: 2005 Suzuki Verona S, Owned 4 years.
Pros: On the surface it presents great. Lots of bang for the buck... But the sum of the parts doesn't add up in the end. When it runs it is a fine machine but when it doesn't (often) it is a mess. Stick with something more common with a dealer ship or two around. Almost every part is a dealer item only.
Cons: Tapping of rod bearing (replaced my self) can't check or fill transmisison fluid, no dipstick. Many running issues are due to low tranmisison fluid level . The only way to fill it and check it is a very complicated under car procedue. THEN the Fluid is $26 bucks a liter and only this Suzuki Fluid is useable. When my Level dropped to 4 liters low it quit rolling and shifted in to "netural" . Runs OK now that the fluis is full 80,000 Miles
Overall review: If It would have held its promise it would have been a great car, but reality is it is lemon .
Awesome car if you can find one buy it!!! by Triple C on 01/02/2009. Trim: 2005 Suzuki Verona S, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Very rare, powerful, smooth, quiet and still under transferable 100,000 mile powertrain warranty!!!
Cons: Discontinued and very few people know what it is.
Overall review: After my 1996 sentra was wrecked, I brought this verona with only 41,732 miles on it. I've put 1,000 miles and no problem for me so far unlike what other reviews say about it. I was mostly looking for a fairly up-to date car that was still under warranty. I got exactly what I was looking for with this car. Even though I wish they had never dicontinued this car(bad move) I still like the fact that it is rare. It is a perfect car for me. If you find one for a good price buy it. People always ask me questions about it.