2005 Toyota Tacoma

IM HEADING FOR 500,000 MILES by JIM on 04/14/2010. Trim: 2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 2WD, Owned 5 years.
Pros: 280,461 MILES- STILL GETTING BETWEEN 23 AND 25 MILES PER GALLON. STILL LOOKS GOOD, RUNS GOOD (WELL MAINTNAINED). FRONT BRAKES EVERY 100,000 MILES, TIRES EVERY 110,000. REAR BRAKES 220,000 MILES. PLUGS EVERY 100,000 MILES. AIR FILTER EVERY 20,000 TO 30,000 MILES.
Cons: THIS MODEL DID NOT COME WITH HEATED MIRRORS. TOYOTA DID NOT MAKE ME AWARE OF CLUTCH AND CLUTCH PEDAL SERVICE ADVISORY 189,000 MILES. I HAVE REPLACED ONE REAR WHEEL BEARING AND TWO UNIVERSALS BETWEEN 160,000 AND 180,000.
Overall review: OF THE 14 NEW VEHICLES I HAVE PURCHASE, FOUR HAVE PROVIDED THIS KIND OF RELIABILTY. 1978 COROLA SR5, 2003 TOYOTA TUNDRA, 2005 TOYOTA TACOMA, AND 2007 RAV4
Toyota Quality slipping badly by John on 08/06/2005. Trim: 2005 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Access Cab V6 Auto 2WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Not many.
Cons: I had been a loyal Toyota buyer for decades. I've had several of their trucks as well as some Fords along the way. I have to be honest and say that the once famous Toyota quality is just about gone. They once made great little trucks that were stylish, good quality and economical. These trucks are now way over priced and over bloated in size. For the money spent you'd be far better off buying a full sized truck or for a bit more step up to a Lexus. This truck has lots of power but it's so gas thirsty you might as well have purchased a full size V8! This will be my last Toyota as I'll be returning to Ford. Ford is putting out a better truck for less money.
Overall review: I'm just being honest folks. I wish Toyota would return to providing a quality desirable product for a good price. The quality is gone and the prices are absurd.
Supper truck!!! by SC COMA so Oregon on 06/15/2009. Trim: 2005 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab V6 4WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Sporty and makes me feel young
Cons: My version has the TRD supercharger so it dosn't get stock gas mileage on premium gas. (if you can call that a CON)
Overall review: Everything I wanted in a fun truck for going snow sking
Best Truck ever! by Marcus on 03/30/2007. Trim: 2005 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Double Cab V6 Auto 2WD, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Absolutely everything!
Cons: My wife will not let me put a lift kit on it!
Overall review: Gets great gas mileage for a truck. Handle very well. Lots of power and fun to drive.
Great Truck!!! by Denver, Co And Riverside, CA on 01/31/2007. Trim: 2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 2WD Auto, Owned 2 years.
Pros: I have taken this truck back and forth from Colorado to California handles great in snow even with 2wheel drive. No problems with it. Great on gas compared to other trucks. Lots of room and stotage space. Great truck!!!
Cons: A couple of blind spots and had to replace the plastic part on my seat. other than that no complaints a great truck will last a long time
Overall review: Will recommended to anyone and will keep this truck for many more years.