2005 Kia Spectra

2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  Next
Best Mid size car we have owned by An MSN Autos Consumer on 06/05/2010. Trim: 2005 Kia Spectra EX, Owned 4 years.
Pros: Everything!. Looks great, runs great! Love the gas mileage. We have taken several long trips in this car even into the mountains, and its great.
Cons: Nothing!
Overall review: Love the car. Looking at getting another KIA later. Love all the features on the EX.
WE WILL MISS OUR '05 KIA SPECTRA by bpritche from Plano, TX on 03/16/2010. Trim: 2005 Kia Spectra EX, Owned 5 years.
Pros: We bought our '05 Spectra new. We didn't spend a lot for extras but the radio was adequate, the seats were cheap material but give lumbar support. I really wanted another Toyota in '05 but my husband didn't want to spend the money...hindsight. The cruise works fine over 30mph. It's strictly a commuter vehicle. The gas mileage is great. I like that I put the lights in an auto position and they go off when I lock it. I never have to worry about forgetting to turn them off. My next car will not be silver... But it could easily be a Kia.
Cons: Road noise, woosy horn, stiffer steering than some small cars, no ABS breaks avail., I always struggled to use high beams. cheap material for seats but cleaned up well, no power seat adjustment, difficulty keeping up with a full load of passengers (felt heavy and sluggish), road noise on highway and bumpy ride. Speedometer sometimes failed after a fender-bender (intermittent) Recently, we had a fuel sensor issue but before we could fix it, I was rear-ended and the car has been totalled. That car was hit 4 different times (all minor) and never did the airbag deploy - I always wondered if I needed it, whether it would have been there for me.
Overall review: We really enjoyed our Spectra as a commuter vehicle and wanted our teen driver to inherit it. In silver, it seemed to have a bulls-eye on the back end - 3 times rear-ended.
A very good car by California Kid on 09/18/2009. Trim: 2005 Kia Spectra EX, Owned 4 years.
Pros: I am proud to say that I now have 130,000 miles on my 2005 Spectra and have only spent money on oil changes, tune ups, brakes (once) tires (twice) battery (once). It has been a very good car and next year it will be passed on to my daughter. I'm pretty sure it will have 150,000 mosty freeway miles on it by then and will still be going strong.
Cons: The upholstery is on the cheap side and the driver's seat upholstery is pretty worn out. The older is gets the more freeway noise it has, but then again it has alot of miles on it. There really isn't anything I dislike about my Kia. It has been a great car for the price.
Overall review: I would highly recommend it to anyone.
WAY TO GO KIA by KPO CENTRAL,MAINE on 12/13/2008. Trim: 2005 Kia Spectra SX, Owned 3 years.
Pros: My Wife & I bought the SX model in October of 05 new.The car is a great driving little car,It has a 5 speed trans,leather wrap steering wheel, leather wrap shifter, rear spoiler,16" alloy wheels,not bad for factory stuff.
Cons: This year car from what I understand was the last year of the timing belt,06 Spectra went to variable valve timing.16" tires are not cheap 205/ 50's Goodyear Eagles, replaced with other,And buy Bridgestone Blizzak tires for winter time.Have problem with getting high beamed all the time,found an adjustment to adjust the left headlight down,but still aimed up to much.Black paint is very cheap on this car.No cruise. both of us have a problem with our ankle getting real sore on long trips.
Overall review: My wife loves this car.Mileage is good ,avg 30.It Pisses me off when I read other reviews,and I have read alot,They complain it does not get the advertised mileage.When your in looking at new cars again,please read the whole window sticker,not part of it.That means read the small print.My wife wants a Rondo next,she drove one for a day and fell in love with that.
I love my Spectra by Mdavis - Arizona on 05/23/2008. Trim: 2005 Kia Spectra EX, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Gas mileage - I got 34 mpg on highway, heated mirrors, moon roof - everything! It's pickup has left others in the dust. I just love this car and would buy another in a heartbeat
Cons: Doesn't have outside temp or ABS and I had to have the windshield motor replaced and one of the vanity mirrors fell out. The motor is a little noisy on the highway.
Overall review: I would recommend this car to everyone and anyone! I bought mine used (it was 2 yrs old) and my dealer threw in 3 yr free oil changes, and extended warranty! The service people are very helpful and courteous!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  Next