2005 Kia Rio

Don't Pass It Up Just Because It's Small! by Nick in Dallas on 07/16/2009. Trim: 2005 Kia Rio Sedan, Owned 4 years.
Pros: I drive quite a bit and get excellent gas mileage! I bought this car for distance driving to-from work, 70 miles a day, so the small back seat was not an issue for me. I actually like the styling of my 2005 model to the newer model. The car has an excellent air conditioner for our hot Texas summers; it has been over 100 degrees here for the past week!
Cons: Only problem we have had is that the alternator went out at about 45,000 miles, but it was covered under warranty, so not sure I should call this a con; it can happen to any car. In rain, it does hydroplane somewhat, but again that is a function of a small car, but you should take it into consideration.
Overall review: Overall, I really like this car. It has been very dependable. I would defiintely buy another Rio.
Good little car by Taylor PA on 09/09/2012. Trim: 2005 Kia Rio Sedan, Owned 2 years.
Pros: I like the size. I feel like the newer the Rios get the bigger they are! As a first car I bump into things quite often but it barely shows on the car! It's also amazing on gas!
Cons: not a one
Overall review: I love my car! As a first time driver, I'd recommend a 2005 Kia Rio to just about anyone!
An amazing first Car! by ReadyToDrive-Nashville on 05/30/2006. Trim: 2005 Kia Rio Sedan, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I love this car, it's very cute and compact. Although it appears small it's quite roomy. It handles well, although I have little to compare it too, and it's very easy to get around in. For my first car I am sincerely enjoying it. I've yet to have any problems with it. As far as mileage and everything I took a trip not too long ago and it got better gas mileage than was predicted. I'm very happy!
Cons: The only thing I have noticed thus far is that if I'm stopped at a sign or light, it takes a second to get back going again, more so than other cars I've noticed. There were a few other minor problems, but the dealership took care of those before I brought it home.
Overall review: I love my car and despite a few difficulties I've had noting but good to say of it!
great car by An MSN Autos Consumer on 07/08/2008. Trim: 2005 Kia Rio Sedan, Owned 2 years.
Pros: I love the gas mileage that it gets, I had gotten the vehicle after it was at a rental car place it was in very good condition for having 29,000 miles on it...i had to get a vehicle because the one that i had was dying when i was on my way home from going to the store...This is the best choice that i have made in the vehicles i have owne..great trunk space suprised me when i got a look at it, the leg room is great for the driver and passanger.
Cons: only thing that i don't like about this vehicle is the back seat is a bit small and that when your stoped at the light it some times hesitates to get going again
Overall review: This Vehicle is the best and if i had to choose again i would get this one again.
Worth Every Penny! by Cynthia from Boise on 04/20/2005. Trim: 2005 Kia Rio Sedan, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: This car is cheap, comfortable, I found my standard transmission car to be very fuel efficient. Has a lot more zip than I expected. The trunk space isn't bad for this size of this car and the 10 year warranty is great!
Cons: Small, base model doesn't have a radio or a/c
Overall review: I don't care what anybody else says, I LOVE this car. My 6'3" husband has no problems driving it and it's definitely better than the Dodge Neon we rented before. Our three children fit in the back with no problem. My parents have owned a Kia for 6+ years and they love thier car still and my Ford Festiva that was made by the same company still hasn't had a major mechanical problem and it's 16 years old! It's quite zippy too for a little engine. I felt it handles corners very well. I am thrilled with my car and would recomend to anyone who wants a new car cheap!