2005 Mitsubishi Outlander

2 3 4 5 6  Next
Great value for money by Supposed former lead foot on 02/26/2009. Trim: 2005 Mitsubishi Outlander XLS AWD, Owned 4 years.
Pros: Handles great, AWESOME in snow and ice, corners great, I love the retro look of my dash, and very good gas mileage. A little perplexed by the poor performance comments by the reviews (2003 though), I have no problem merging in traffic, it's not a mustang, but for a 4 cylinder it is very impressive. I test drove similar new and used SUV's. I considered a Forrester but was $6,000 more, had 6.9% financing and only had a 3 year warranty, vs. 0% and 5 years respectively. Saving me $250/Mo. Plus the mitsubishi dealer had a special offer of free maintenance for five years, yes free oil changes, tire rotations, wiper blades, fluid changes, etc. Yee haa.
Cons: This one didn't have heated seats (otherwise I would have given a 9), back head rests obstructs view to back left as a result I must rely more on right passenger mirror.
Overall review: I love my mitsubishi, doing your homework before your purchase is really worth the effort.
Mitsubishi's best product by P Southern IN on 08/29/2010. Trim: 2005 Mitsubishi Outlander Limited AWD, Owned 5 years.
Pros: The interior fit and finish is excellent. The acceleration for a 2.4 4-cyl is surprising. The cabin noise level is very low and the ride is good. The carbon fiber and aluminum look of the interior trim is far preferable to the cheesy wood grain of other "limited" editions of other makes. The styling is excellent, as is the paint quality. The auto trans shifts well and averages about 22 mpg in mixed driving (AWD), which is far beyond my Land Cruiser (11 mpg). 100,000 miles and it has been problem free, but still turns head.
Cons: The suspension seems to wear quickly. Needed new rear struts after 50,000 miles.
Overall review: Great midsize SUV/crossover.
My sport utility by Johnnyboy from Canada on 02/26/2009. Trim: 2005 Mitsubishi Outlander LS 2WD, Owned 4 years.
Pros: I like the way it drives both city and highway!
Cons: There is nothing to dislike, but i wish i would have tryed the 4x4 model.
Overall review: I enjoy my Outlander,and If you are looking to buy a used one ... the 2005 models are GREAT! I hope to keep mine for my grandson! If I ever get one???
Love my Outlander Limited, hate the local dealerships, if you can find one! by jojothecardog in Seattle on 07/01/2008. Trim: 2005 Mitsubishi Outlander Limited AWD, Owned 3 years.
Pros: the heated seats are super on chilly days, the AWD is wonderfull for the rain, snow, gravel, and mud, it can get stuck though. 6disc in dash AM/FM MP3 Infinity is pretty awesome, and the rear seats can recline!! I love the speed sensing intermitant front wipers, a real plus in Seattle. The moonroof is one touch open. Also the Head laps are HID, and shut off when the driver opens the door. Side marker turn signals are really nice, especialy when changing lanes at night.
Cons: The paint and other exterior finshes are substandard and require constant attention, Peeling, and chipping are annoying!! Service in my area is impossible, from finding a reputable dealer, to poor sevice departments, rude treatment, and and an overall feeling of deprerssion comes over me whenever work is required.
Overall review: my 7th Mitsubishi, from the 1991 Diamante Wagon, to the Ultra Rare 2004 Lancer Ralliart Sportback. Great vehicles, lots of nice inovations, that make everyday driving comfortable. However the reason I've had so many different Mitsu's is because they are easier to trade in when they start to look a little rough, than to put any investment into a car that depreciates as badly as they do. Also, I've always loved the looks of Mitsubishi Products, and Warranty is very nice, as long as you can find a dealer that doesnt make you want to pull your hair out!!
Ultimate Small SUV by An MSN Autos Consumer on 06/28/2008. Trim: 2005 Mitsubishi Outlander LS 2WD, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Great car. Came with great incentives. I had it for 3 yr now w/o problems.
Cons: Gas tank could have been bigger
Overall review: Great
2 3 4 5 6  Next