2005 Mazda Mazda3

I have wanted one since they first came out by brenda on 02/25/2013. Trim: 2005 Mazda Mazda3 s 4-Door, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I love this car it is a blast to drive looks great inside and out i bought mine 3 mos ago previous owners took very good care of this car cause 8 years and no dents or scratches I LOVE MY 3...I am told all the time what a nice looking car..I wash mine every week
Cons: There is nothing I dislike about this car
Overall review: Love this car when I need power it is there
A classy little all arounder by Desiree on 03/04/2013. Trim: 2005 Mazda Mazda3 s 4-Door, Owned 1 year.
Pros: The styling is sharp without being over done. Good handling and braking. The automatic rain sensing wiper blades are an added bonus. The red interior dash lights are easy on the eyes when driving at night. Comfortable seats. Good reliability.
Cons: gauges can be hard to see in sunlight. 4 speed automatic would be better as a 5 speed. so-so fuel economy.
Overall review: Overall a great car. Good looking and fun to drive, as well as practical and reliable.
My Mazda ROCKS!!!!! by JoJo of Tucson on 03/14/2012. Trim: 2005 Mazda Mazda3 s 5-Door, Owned 7 years.
Pros: The handling feels like a Porsch - corners well being low to the ground. Gas mileage is decent, though not as good as we had hoped. Styling is great - a real head turner when it was new, but so many manufacturers have copied the design - well at least it was a style setter!!!
Cons: The hoods over the dials - would prefer a clean, large look so you can really see the dials like the Mini Cooper. The paint (we have the gorgeous silver) is failing in the very hot Arizona sun, especially on the hood and the door handles. Also the ride is very stiff on our long dirt, bumpy drive way. And Tucson is sadly known for poor road maintenance so the car isn't to blame 100 %.
Overall review: Generally, this is a keeper. Will have a Detail Job to correct the paint failing and with more careful wax maintenace, the paint should hold up better. Love to drive this car. It's my car - so for a lady mid 70's, it's perfectly sized.
A great dependable and sporty first car. by Jackson from Chicago on 09/28/2011. Trim: 2005 Mazda Mazda3 SP23 5-Door, Owned 6 years.
Pros: I have owned a 2005 Mazda 3 hatchback since it was new in September of 2005. The car handles better than most cars I have driven, it has a very sporty feel. Also the brakes have a very good feel to them, more similar to the brake feel on much more expensive sport cars. The look of the car has stood the test of time so far and I think it looks better than the 2010 and newer Mazda 3 with the "smiley face" front end and the exaggerated rear end. Thankfully I have had no reliability problems in the six years of owning my Mazda 3. It has just needed regular maintenance (first brake job at 30,000 miles and oil changes every 5,000 miles).
Cons: The Mazda 3 was not the quietest vehicle in its original form. I had to add sound deadening to the doors and floor boards to reduce the road noise. There is still some road noise that is noticeable on the highway and I believe it to be a combination of tire noise and wheel bearing noise. My Mazda 3 has the 5-speed manual transmission and I find it to be a bit mushy feeling when shifting. There are aftermarket kits available to cure this but I have not installed one. Also the original wheels seemed to have a defect with rust or something forming underneath the paint on the wheels. I replaced the wheels with aftermarket wheels.
Overall review: I think the car has stood the test of time and the blue book value reaffirms it. Of course, engine technology has improved over time and nowadays you can buy a car such as a VW GTI with 200-hp and get better gas mileage than the naturally aspirated 2.3L 4-cylinder available in my Mazda 3. I have considered trading in for a GTI but this is such a dependable car that I have grown to like it very much. Also even though it has only 150 horsepower: combined with the 5-speed manual transmission, the sporty handling, and great braking, I think it is a very fun car and it's nice not having any car payments for a while.
Worst Vehicle I've Owned. by An MSN Autos Consumer on 10/21/2009. Trim: 2005 Mazda Mazda3 i 4-Door, Owned 4 years.
Pros: Nice Looks, Engine is quiet. Handles well, stops well.
Cons: Difficult to clean interior. Door trim comes loose. Fabic on seats knots up. Dirt almost impossible to vacuum out of carpet. Cheap interior. Light on mirrors work interittantly. Makes clicking noise from front of vehicle at interstate speed. Air Bag light on at 38,000 miles. Tires wore out at 30,000 miles. AC Blower weak even on highest setting.
Overall review: Air Bag light is on at 38,000 miles, dealer will not fix only 3,000 miles after warrenty. Interior is cheap. Paint is not clearcoated, scratches easily. Underpowered engine. Tires worn out after 30,000 miles. Air Conditioner Blower weak. Car always needs repairs. There are better choices out there, buy a Honda, Ford or Toyota.