2005 Acura RL

Extended Warranty Heaven by Fernskins on 04/22/2011. Trim: 2005 Acura RL Sedan, Owned 5 years.
Pros: Really like the styling, handling etc.
Cons: Reliability issues so far - A/C compressor replaced, drive shaft and bearing replaced, rear passenger window jammed down which required a regulator replacement, lighting in low light situations is equivalent to taking your life in your hands, there have been several minor recalls. We are glad we bought the extended warranty as the repairs so far would have been expensive if not for the ext. warranty.
Overall review: We really like the car's finish, its quality and the technology but are concerned about reliability as the vehicle ages further.
COMPARED TO BENZ by cdeida on 05/05/2012. Trim: 2005 Acura RL, Owned 3 years.
Pros: luxurious
Cons: that I don't have the 2012 model
Overall review: GREAT VALUE
Great car, but quality is slipping by Fritz Raleigh on 02/15/2010. Trim: 2005 Acura RL Sedan, Owned 1 year.
Pros: The AWD system and how it affects handling, the paddle shifters, the easy to use dashboard controls, big Navigation screen high in the dashboard, the fact that the car tracks all required maintenance, handles pretty decent for a luxury car, the gas mileage and the sound system
Cons: The creaks and rattles which are in the rear deck, dash and b-pillar. It is prevalent enough the Acura dealership has a fixes for it. The slow shift response to the paddles, Leith Acura dealership in Cary NC and Acura customer service. The buttons on steering wheel have this weird surface wear that I have never seen before, but I have seen it on several. The suspension just a tad soft and the brakes could be a little stronger at tip in.
Overall review: The SH-AWD is very fun to use around turns, but I doubt most people will ever push this car hard enough to experience it. When you go into turns you really just have to push it and let the computers take over which is a bit unerving at first, but you can really feel it pivot as the car overdrives the outside wheels. The dash is controls are very easy to use and pretty intuitive and I love that everything can be done through the Navigation screen which is large, easy to read and sits high in the dashboard. My biggest complaint with this car are the rattles and creaks. That is a deal breaker for me, but fortunately it doesn't bother my wife who drives it. I took this car in to get the rattle fixed b/c I thought it would be covered since it was a certified used car. Acura said this was a cosmetic issue and wouldn't cover it. After hours complaining on the phone I got them to fix it. I will not purchase another Certified Acura, I will likely buy a Lexus.
The best value for the money! by KC from PA on 06/19/2005. Trim: 2005 Acura RL Sedan, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: For the money you can't beat this car considering the extras at Audi, BMW and MBUSA push mid 50's -low 60's. Nav system, onboard computer and Bluetooth are easy to use. XM radio is awesome and the cabin is quiet with engine shift smooth. The pedal shifters on the wheel really make the car get up and move and the braking is good. Drove Audi A6 (v6 model) and the car although responsive in turns was sluggish on hills and I didn't want to spend an extra 10,000 for v8. Cabin is very quite vs what I had before an '03 TL type S. Bottom line is before I drove the RL I really thought was going German but the RL got my business.
Cons: Back seat and trunk could be bigger. Other then that maybe a seek button on the stearing wheel for the XM's 100+ channels but I just figured out you can use the voice system and speak the channel you want so no big deal. Down the road I'd like to see a RL long version w/ V8 and larger back seat but since I am not aware of one Honda V8 this is unlikely for sometime I am sure.
Overall review: For the money and excellent resale reputation of Honda this is the best car on the road for the money. I am one of those younger buyers this car is targeting but I have to say those folks in the 40's and 50's driving those MB's seem to take a second look as well. Buying the car was easy with no confusion on packages etc. It all comes loaded.
Cheap out by An MSN Autos Consumer on 04/25/2005. Trim: 2005 Acura RL Sedan, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: good power, navigation and traffic alert system are very good, seats are very comfortable
Cons: engine seems rough at higher rpm, rear seat is tighter than the competition, steering feels somewhat numb, why no more than 4 power adjustments in passenger seat[ a bean counter cop out]
Overall review: this is more a big Honda than an Acura