2005 Mitsubishi Lancer

2 3 4 5 6  Next
Not such a good choice. by Unhappy Lancer owner. on 03/07/2009. Trim: 2005 Mitsubishi Lancer ES, Owned 4 years.
Pros: The best feature of the vehicle is that the back seat can be put down to slide a bicycle into it very nicely.
Cons: The maintenance on the Lancer I own has been quite costly. I have replaced tires on it annually, the first set being after only 9000 miles. I've also replaced brakes on this vehicle annually. With the vehicle being a standard transmission, I would have expected to get 50000 miles out of the first set of brakes as I have on every other vehicle I've owned. The vehicle also had to have the engine rebuilt after it was only a year old. While this was taken care of by the warranty, the service professionals could not explain to me why this happened to the vehicle.
Overall review: I previously owned 2 mirage vehicles and they were a dream to own. The lancer is not nearly as well built or designed as the Mirage was.
Little Rally Car by BB in BC on 02/16/2009. Trim: 2005 Mitsubishi Lancer ES, Owned 4 years.
Pros: I love driving my good-looking little Lancer. It's the first smaller car I have owned in many years. I find the interior has excellent leg room, front and back; for tall people its comfortable. It handles really well on the road; it has great pickup speed.
Cons: The only thing I found missing in my fine little car (even though it looks very nice inside) is airconditioning. The driver's seat could be a bit more comfortable. Small, maybe petty, but the windshield washer sprayer on the drivers side often doesn't work properly even after having had it replaced !?!
Overall review: I really like this car and would definitely tell others about it. It's excellent value for a great little car. It gets good gas mileage and goes everywhere. I love driving it on the highway or in the city. I would replace this one with another one if I were to have to get another car.
The Two Liter Porsche Eater by An MSN Autos Consumer on 08/02/2006. Trim: 2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII, Owned 1 year.
Pros: The Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII is a superb car. It is a very quick and responsive vehicle. It has amazing handling with little to no understeer. The tires are very grippy in both dry and wet conditions. This car can take anything you throw at it. This mere $30,0000 Mitsubishi can compete with exotic sports cars that cost three to four times as much as this car. Mitsubishi has definitely created a monster out of an econo-box looking machine.
Cons: The only problem that I see with this vehicle is the interior styling. To many, it looks very plain, and of poor quality. The tire wear may become an irritant to some, because they need to be replaced every 6 or 7,000 miles. Furthermore, the oem tires are not meant for the winter. DO NOT drive in snow with these tires because you have no traction whatsoever. These tires are ultra high performance summer tires, meaning that they perform their best during the summer, and on dry paved roads.
Overall review: The Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution is a car that is not meant for the novice driver. It is a very responsive, and fast car. From the moment you step on the gas you can feel how much power you have at the tip of your foot. The steering is very sensitive responding to every minor movement you make. The brakes are exquisite, and this turbocharged monster is sure to turn heads. One reccomendation to those who buy one is to purchase a set of winter tires due to the fact that the oem tires have no traction in the snow. It is very risky to drive on them in the winter, even though this car is all wheel drive. This car is for the experieced driver, that goes to the track every so often. It is an okay daily driver, but may get irritating to some because of the stiff suspension and manual transmission. However this car is more fun to drive than any porsche, bmw, or audi. I know for sure that I will be driving this car for a long time.
Trucksville by An MSN Autos Consumer on 06/16/2006. Trim: 2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Fast and handles great
Cons: Cheap
Overall review: The next gen should be better. This current car is a failed racer with little race history. The station wagon version in japan would be cool. They should put a Jun 2.4 liter block in this thing.
"A nice & fun sport compact sedan" by SBNC, Reno Nevada on 04/24/2006. Trim: 2005 Mitsubishi Lancer OZ-Rally, Owned 1 year.
Pros: The Mitsubishi Lancer OZ Rally combines the comfort of a sedan, but a sporty compact feel and driving experience, with Mitsubishi reliability. The stereo acoustics sound really good.
Cons: The 14" stock rims, 18" are the style expected now.
Overall review: I feel my purchase was totally worth it. Plus the 100,000, 6 year unlimited power train warranty makes you feel all fuzzy and warm inside.
2 3 4 5 6  Next