2005 Kia Sorento

Cheaply made SUV by TP from Asheville on 10/29/2009. Trim: 2005 Kia Sorento LX 2WD, Owned 4 years.
Pros: The size of this vehicle is nice. There is quite a bit of space throughout.
Cons: The worst decision we ever made was to buy a Kia Sorento. It has been one bad experience after another as we have spent more time in the service dept getting it fixed than actually enjoying the car. As for the 100,000 mile warranty, we rarely had something break that was actually covered. We just hit 106,000 miles, and you would think since we have replaced everything in the car that it would be in great condition?? Nope, now the transmission is shot and it will be another $2500 to fix it. We are heading to the Toyota dealership tomorrow to get rid of this moneypit.
Overall review: Do not buy a Kia. Cheaply made, and very unreliable. My husband has been stranded on the side of the road on more than one occasion due to the Sorento breaking down....again.
the best suv by sofos-greece-chania on 12/25/2008. Trim: 2005 Kia Sorento EX 4WD, Owned 3 years.
Pros: everything
Cons: nothing. i love this car-suv
Overall review: kia sorento 2.5 crdi tod. for ever
Best in its class by From Lafayette, La. on 06/10/2010. Trim: 2005 Kia Sorento LX 2WD, Owned 5 years.
Pros: Bought it new in 2005. I test drove the Jeep Liberty, Ford Escape, Mazda Tribute, and Saturn SUE, Honda CRV, and Sorento. I liked the ride, power, handling, and comfort of the Sorento the best. It was an easy decision. The vehicle feels solid, is nice looking, and is comfortable to drive. I only have 80K miles but, other than routine maintainance and a wheel alignment, I haven't had to make any repairs on it yet. It's surely my favorite vehicle I've ever owned.
Cons: Not quite as good on gas as I expected. The 2005 has the 6 cylinder 192hp. I'm guessing that it gets about 16 mpg, possibly a little more under perfect conditions. My only other complaint is that the front end pulled a little since the day I bought it. Went through a pair of front tires before I got it fixed.
Overall review: Very happy with it overall. It was the best vehicle in its class for my money. Still runs flawlessly.
Good little SUV by Smitty from Kansas on 05/29/2010. Trim: 2005 Kia Sorento LX 4WD, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Has plenty of power, Lots of convienent storage areas, cup holders in a comfortable position, 4wd works flawlesly
Cons: Braking could be a little easier (stiff pedal ) ride is a little on the stiff side
Overall review: This SUV is a home run. Too bad the others were not as good. The RWD configuration is perfect for this vehicle
BUY IT, is worth it!!! any year!!! by A single Mom from Colorado. on 05/06/2010. Trim: 2005 Kia Sorento LX 2WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I bought this car because the price was right, I never expected that I will fall in love with it!. I am the kind of person that I thought that I will never buy a brand new car because it was a waste of money but this KIA made me change my mind. As soon as I can I will love to buy a brand new KIA Sorento. I saw the new 2011 KIA Sorento, If I could I will buy it right now!!!
Cons: My KIA Sorento is a 2005, everything is great, still runs awesome!!! and it looks like brand new, of course if it is close to a KIA Sorento 2011 it does not look like brand new, but close to other cars, still looks awesome.
Overall review: If my 2005 KIA Sorento is awesome, I can't Imagine how the 2011 is, Im in love with this Car and my little son loves it too!!!