2005 Honda CR-V

used to be "The Ultimate Truck" by An MSN Autos Consumer on 09/19/2010. Trim: 2005 Honda CR-V EX 4WD 5-spd AT, Owned 2 years.
Pros: spare tyre at outside
Cons: after 3 n a half years got a strange sound coming out.
Overall review: oringinal part not long lasting
A Decent Roar by racinghrt from dubai on 03/03/2010. Trim: 2005 Honda CR-V SE 4WD 5-spd AT, Owned 1 year.
Pros: the features coming in are very nice to enjoy.provides a high level of safety and security of the vehicle and the passengers.it is decent SUV for a decent family.
Cons: the acceleration is bit of like stuck up.makes it slow to roar.dats it nothing else.
Overall review: one of the best vehicles that i have owned.
HONDA - Good For Your Bones and Your Budget! by weesod in new mexico on 04/12/2009. Trim: 2005 Honda CR-V EX 4WD 5-spd MT, Owned 4 years.
Pros: I have arthritis and back pain, which is why I have chosen my second Honda CR-V. It is easily accessible, the seats are comfortable, it is sturdy and quiet on the road. I drive all over the state of New Mexico, in all kinds of weather... in the city, on unpaved roads, in remote villages, with pretty significant ruts. No problems. It is maintained regularly at the dealer ( Garcia Honda-Albuquerque ). It has almost 58,000 miles on it, and I would highly recommend it to anyone. Plus, the service department folks are pleasant, helpful and when I get another SUV, I'll go back to Garcia Honda.
Cons: I DO NOT like the cloth seat covers. In retrospect, I wish, especially in the winter, the driver's seat would have had a heating mechanism. A warm seat, when you've been tromping through the snow to get to your vehicle sure would be helpful. Plus, it makes the old bones feel better!
Overall review: As a person with mobility challenges, ie. getting and out of the vehicle, driving for long periods of time, ease in reaching the front and rear windows, rather than " test driving ", instead, I " test sat " in a number of SUVs, before I settling on my first CR-V.
A Good Safe Compact SUV by Prats on 03/13/2009. Trim: 2005 Honda CR-V EX 4WD 5-spd AT, Owned 4 years.
Pros: - Good performance on snow and ice in terms of traction. - It has all the basic safety features. - Fairly roomy. - Easy to handle vehicle features.
Cons: - A little more power needed: It groans on climbs and acceleration. That's why it is losing out to RAV4. - For Canadian vehicles, heated front seats and heated side mirrors ought to be part of standard features.
Overall review: I have owned this vehicle for about 3 and half years now. In the compact SUV segment (2008 & 2009 models have been designed to be more of CUV than SUV) I found this model to be very optimal. It had all the basic safety features I wanted. Since I drive this vehicle in Canada, I always thought that heated front seats and heated side mirrors should be part of all models. Honda needs to be a little generous in providing these features within reasonable price. In 2005 the price of the EX model I bought could have been definitely lesser. Lastly, the vehicle needs a little more power, not too much extra power. At times of need, this vehicle disappoints in the department of acceleration.
Watch out- I got a "Monday" car by Was hopeful in Mass. on 10/25/2008. Trim: 2005 Honda CR-V LX 2WD 5-spd AT, Owned 3 years.
Pros: I love the way this vehicle looks. I bought this brand new, loved the features. I drove a GM vehicle for 20 years and I was excited to get a "reliable" Honda, boy I'm not feeling so excited now.
Cons: We had to change the tires at 20,000 at my 60,000 mile check there were so many things wrong that my mechanic postponed it until he could get all the parts for me. Now at 65,000 my transmission is gone! I'm still in shock-where is the Honda reliability? My dealership wants to know why I didn't get an extended warranty- I said because it's a Honda, oops.
Overall review: Is it just my car?