2005 Volkswagen Jetta (Early 2005)

2005 Volkswagen Jetta (Early 2005) Prices
2005 Volkswagen Jetta (Early 2005) Fuel Economy
2 3 4 5 6 7  Next
Everything I hoped it would be AND more!!! by Tom on 06/12/2009. Trim: 2005 Volkswagen Jetta (Early 2005) GLS TDI, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Sporty handling, feul economy.
Cons: I didn't get more options added
Overall review: Fantastic car!
Smart purchase. by Konkapot on 01/11/2009. Trim: 2005 Volkswagen Jetta (Early 2005) GLS TDI, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Great mileage; easy 42-45 mpg on the highway. Feels....looks...and drives...like a very nice car. Good visibility from the drivers seat; I'm 6'2" and fit just fine. Started on the first crank in 10F degree weather.
Cons: Had a problem with the anti-theft immobilizer that required it to be towed to the "nearest" dealership. There is a "ghetto" fix to this that would have saved me the tow trip....had only the dealership known about it. Leather interior doesn't seem very durable; certainly avoid leather if you have kids.
Overall review: I bought this car primarily for the mpg, and because my previous gas Jetta was so reliable. It's been 5-6 months since the immobilizer drama, and no problems at all since. Maintenance is r-e-a-l-l-y important on a diesel, so if you ignore oil change intervals this is not the car for you. Maintenance is not harder or more expensive than a gas car....just has more serious consequences if you ignore it. All in all a very nice car.
good ride in tabasco mx by bert on 12/31/2008. Trim: 2005 Volkswagen Jetta (Early 2005) GL 2.0L, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I live in the southern part of mexico in a state called tabasco there is no speed limit (ha) I drive the car often (on good roads) at speeds of 180 to 200 kph and it handles nice very comfortale a little slow at first, I recomend it there is a bit of them here there must be a reason.
Cons: I do hav kids and my oldest been a teenager find it not verry comfy in the back seat.
Overall review: I like it its verry economic what can I say might buy another in a couple of years.
" The ultimate little car " by R.V. form Florida on 08/04/2008. Trim: 2005 Volkswagen Jetta (Early 2005) GL 2.0L, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: The looks, the automatic up-down windows,good stereo,ample space in trunk,decent fuel economy,lots of safety for small car like 4wheel disk brakes and anti-lock, 8 air bags,split rear seats,heated mirrors, nice handling, good warranty, owe it for 5 months now so far so good took it on a trip to PA from FL and drove like a baby. Will be doing another one soon.
Cons: noise it engine, wind noise, cruise control should have been on steering wheel.
Overall review: Overall Nice car for under $13 thousand dollars. This car was not my 1st choice , but so far I am glad i chose this one.
A Great Small Car. by Retired in Mi. on 05/26/2008. Trim: 2005 Volkswagen Jetta (Early 2005) GLS TDI, Owned 4 years.
Pros: A great small car. Lots of power. Ride is great. Very nice interior.
Cons: The rear seat leg room is a bit tight.
Overall review: We have come to appreciate the TDI's great fuel econpmy with today's high fuel prices. (Current diesel prices $4.93) While diesel fuel may cost more than gas, this car's per mile cost of operation is still less costly than a gas powered car when considering required fuel and maintenance. My MPG is 39 city and 45 HIGHWAY.
2 3 4 5 6 7  Next