2005 BMW 5-Series

Be careful, Grasshopper! Regrets... by Prof from Dallas on 10/05/2011. Trim: 2005 BMW 530i Sedan, Owned 6 years.
Pros: Roomy interior. Kid-friendly leather
Cons: Ate tires for breakfast. Replaced radio unit at 35K. Drives divine, very hard to maintain. I will say this once: Get extended warranty.
Overall review: This BMW is only one I have owned that could not stay away from the service department from 50K to 100K.
Love my 5 by Steve Walker on 01/01/2009. Trim: 2005 BMW 525i Sedan, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Everything. When they say Ultimate Driving Machine, they mean it :-)
Cons: Not one thing
Overall review: Excellent choice. The only thing I would replace it with isw another 5 Series
A good performance midsize sedan by An MSN Autos Consumer on 08/01/2005. Trim: 2005 BMW 545i Sedan, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: The car drives like its on rails. I test drove the M45, GS430, and the CLK500, and although the CLK was the most practical size for me, the 545 out drove them all. I was rear-ended hard (his truck was totaled) by a drunk driver, and amazingly suffered little damage (the bumpers have their own shocks). The body shop said that these cars are built like tanks, and will withstand damage that a Lexus and Infinity will not (although all these cars are rated good in protecting their occupants)
Cons: The whine of those big low profile tires at times made me wish for the Lexus smoothness and quietness, but you can't have everything. I have been told my many body shops that this car has a defect (that I had previously) where the doors are too heavy for the hinges, and will droop and bind in time.
Overall review: If you like performance handling and saftey, this car is hard to beat.
3rd BMW and this is the best. by Road Rage on 09/25/2008. Trim: 2005 BMW 525i Sedan, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Incredible handling, braking and speed. Be careful, this car likes to go Autobahn fast on American highways.
Cons: I did not trade in my last BMW earlier to get this one.
Overall review: Outstanding car that is in the great tradition of BMW road cars. This is not your mother's grocery getter and should not be confused with that. It truly is the ultimate driving machine.
GO GET YOU ONE NOW!! by James on 07/10/2008. Trim: 2005 BMW 530i Sedan, Owned 3 years.
Pros: This is a wonderful car to drive. The car feels solid, sounds solid, the engine runs smooth throughout all gears. The car gets good gas milage. The handling is great and with active steering the car hugs the road like it is on rails. Using the I-Drive is a breeze just like using a mouse on a computer. The sports package with active steering is the way to go.
Cons: Had problems with the computer two trips to the dealer cleared that up.
Overall review: Taking short trips to the store or long trips this car just begs to be driven. I find myself missing the turn on the way home so I can just dirve this car. The BMW 530i is like therapy, it soothes the soul. The navigation system will take you to the front door of most destinations. The engine has plenty of power for passing on the interstate with the air condition blowing at full speed. I picked my car up in Germany and believe me it does every bit of what is showing on the speedometer and some. You will love this car right after driving it. I look forward to the long trips we take because the seats are comfortable and the car responds to gentle movements at highway speeds. Presently, I am averaging 28 MPG at 70 MPH, awsome and it just gets better milage as the trip goes on. I highly recommend this car to all who dare to challege themselves with the ultimate driving machine. BMW hit a homerun with the 5-Series check it ou at you nearest BMW dealership, relieve some tension.