2005 Jaguar X-Type

A True Jaguar by Fun at the Wheel on 02/06/2008. Trim: 2005 Jaguar X-Type 3.0, Owned 1 year.
Pros: It is a responsive and fun to drive car. Seats are a bit tight, but they do mold to your body on long trips and are very comfortable. Good solid feel on the open road. Feels like a heavy car, but acts like a sports sedan.
Cons: A bit noisy in the cabin. This could be due to the tires, they are not original equipment.
Overall review: Nice car to drive, very nicely satisfies my driving urges.
Greatest jaguar ever owned by An MSN Autos Consumer on 12/13/2007. Trim: 2005 Jaguar X-Type 3.0, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Great small car full of goodies -- BEST NAV is business -- Mine goes back next month and I will miss her
Cons: NONE
Overall review: Goes in any weather love it - wish it came in soft top
Review ID: #519931 Is this review offensive?
Beer-Budget perceived luxury by Mel, Florida on 04/23/2007. Trim: 2005 Jaguar X-Type 2.5, Owned 2 years.
Pros: This is a nice looking car, mine is black with black interior. It is tough to keep clean, which I should have known! Roomy enough for me since I'm mostly the only one driving it.
Cons: Car is creaking and getting noisy. The air is very loud on Auto and I seem to get wind noise and road noise more than I used to notice. Headlights have burned out 3 times in 30k miles.
Overall review: An entry level luxury car that is more like a mid-range auto.
Sports Sedan with comfort by Larry Colorado Springs on 05/22/2006. Trim: 2005 Jaguar X-Type 3.0, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Excellent acceleration,handling, and quiet comfortable ride.
Cons: high priced options and repair parts.
Overall review: best drive I ever had
This car is an old FORD parading as a new JAGUAR by James IN Atlanta on 04/06/2006. Trim: 2005 Jaguar X-Type 3.0, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I bought this car because it looks like a Jaguar and it says Jaguar on the hood and rear. It is one nice looking car. The acceleration is pretty good but I thought a Jaguar would be faster
Cons: Very poor build quality. Lots of creaks and rattles. Not very fast. Very liitle room in the rear for passengers and it is not so great up front either. THIS CAR IS REALLY AN OLD FORD.
Overall review: Does anyone remember the old Ford Contour or Mercury Mystique? No? The X-Type is based on that old retired floorplan. It was front wheel drive four wheel drive optional. They made all X-Types four wheel drive since no one would want a front wheel drive Jaguar. The top engine for the old Countour was a 2.5 liter six cylinder. The base engine for the Jaguar is the exact same engine. Don't believe me? Compare the specs of the Ford Contour to the Jaguar. I would not have bought this car had I done my research and found out it was an old Ford parading as a new Jag. The resale on this car stinks, too. Oh, well. I like the way it looks at least. Too bad it likes to stay in the shop so much.