1990 Geo Tracker

1990 Geo Tracker pictures are not available
1990 Geo Tracker Prices
1990 Geo Tracker Fuel Economy
husky by brat on 05/15/2005. Trim: 1990 Geo Tracker LSi convertible 2WD, Owned 2 years.
Pros: over all handling and performace. good on gas.
Cons: not a highway car, excellent in town driving.
Overall review: yes i like the geo tracker, i also own a chevy tracker 2003 at this time.
Tracky Puff JR by Kristian, Chicago on 12/16/2004. Trim: 1990 Geo Tracker LSi convertible 2WD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Convertible, 4 Wheel Drive, gas mileage, good off road performance, reliable, good city car. only thing had to replace on it was an exhaust since I bought it. Its a lot of fun and a good summer car.
Cons: Too noisy, not good for long trips, bumpy ride in the back. Heater could be stronger, had to put beef it up to make performance acceptable. Tailgate lock rusted out and doesn't work anymore. Soft top is hard to use and easy to break into, just unzip, was robbed once.
Overall review: Great value and a lot of fun, good for an extra car. Got it for $1500 2 years ago with 90k to replace an old lincoln I had. Couldn't just keep the tracker, it was a great work car and for lil trips in the summers, but wouldn't keep as an everyday driver because it's harsh trucky ride and noise and comfort while driving. I have a commuter car now but kept the tracker cause I love it and will last a long time.
It Survived Iceland by An MSN Autos Consumer on 08/07/2004. Trim: 1990 Geo Tracker LSi convertible 2WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: fun in the sun..lots of stowage pace...great for kids first vehicle...reliable
Cons: no power steering, bad stereo, limited travel range
Overall review: great little third car or childs first car.
Low cost to drive capable 4x4 by 4x4 Hardtop from Colorado Mtns, CO on 11/22/2003. Trim: 1990 Geo Tracker 2-Door 2WD, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Very reliable. Good gas mileage (24-27+ hwy). Low cost to drive. Good in snow with the right tires. Fairly safe (read on). I bought my 90 Tracker with ~68k miles on it and drove it to 136k. The only mechanical problem I had was the alternator went out once. Off road it can crawl over rough terrain and up hills with any stock 4x4. 26 mpg highway; lower at higher speeds and then increased as I modified the vehicle (below). Paid $3000 for it and got $1860 out of it 3.5 years later when I wrecked it. It was the 2nd time I hit a car and a concrete barrier on ice going 45-50 mph. Wasn't hurt either time which I consider to be fairly safe.
Cons: Affected by cross winds which can move it. Paint oxidized and flaked off despite my best efforts to maintain it. I rarely see one with good paint on it (no rust on mine). Limited power (can be helped with modifications.. see below). Cheap interior rattles. Need for extra caution on highway in snow due to stiff ride and short wheelbase.
Overall review: Not enough power at altitude and going uphill. Put on a header with turbo muffler (big difference), perf. air filter, plugs, and coil. Increased fuel economy and could do a sustained 7% grade in 4th gear at 60mph. Interior door trim and plastic rear door trim rattled and the vent knobs came off. Both times I was in an accident I hit a bump on an icy road. The first time I thought I would learn, so I put on snow tires and slowed down but that was not enough. Bottom line is if you are driving on snow/ice make sure you have snow tires (pref. studded), GOOD shocks, weight in the back (80+ lbs) and go slower than traffic! You cannot go as fast as heavier or longer wheelbase cars can. I will purchase a 4 door soon; the Suzuki Sidekick Sport (96-98) for extra power and better handling. Can't beat the reliability and low cost to drive! Tips: Overinflated tires (over 26 psi) = stiff ride and bad handling Replace the factory hubs. They let water in, freeze, and turn but don't lock.
Little engine that could by Motion156excite.com on 06/15/2002. Trim: 1990 Geo Tracker Convertible 2WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Well the 4WD is the best thing I can say. That and the fact that it is convertible. Also took it out to my fav fishing hole and it's nice having this litte truck she goes pretty much anywhere. I have yet to see how it handles in the snow, we'll see.
Cons: Interior carpeting, well it's cheap Sending unit rusts easy, have your's checked and throw some undercoating on it. Manual lock hubs for the 4 wheel drive, in english that means I have to get out of my truck and turn the hub locks on the wheel to the locked position
Overall review: Nice little truck The body is still in good condition Needs a bra in the front cause the pain chiped away from the plastic bumper I like this little engine that could