2005 Honda Odyssey

Dissapointed by Fayetteville NC on 07/16/2006. Trim: 2005 Honda Odyssey EX w/ Leather/DVD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Is a nice looking minivan
Cons: leather seat are very hot, this minivan is very noisy, Radio and satelite not user friendly
Overall review: 5
Mixed Reviews by Frustrated in Flower Mound on 02/19/2006. Trim: 2005 Honda Odyssey Touring, Owned 1 year.
Pros: If you hate minivans, try the Odyssey!! I am having a hard time leaving it. It turns on a dime, seats many, comfortably and with ample room for storage. The in floor storage, parking sensors and auto rear hatch are must haves. The get up and go is perfect for highway driving and great to get around in town as well.
Cons: This is my second Honda and 4th Transmission. I now have the new 05 Touring and at less than 10,000 they put a REFURBISHED transmission in my car. Felt that defeated the purpose of buying a NEW car. I now have had new PAX tires at less than 20,000 miles but on the dealerships dime.(I have a GREAT!DEALERSHIP)I belong to an Ody. forum and many of us are having power steering problems.I have a popping noise in my front wheel well since they have replaced the transmission that they are not able to duplicate. The VCM is annoying when it downshifts to 3 cylinders!!
Overall review: Now, for all this, I am still wanting another Honda. I feel like I have a Lemon and have researched others and none match up to what I am used to!! I wish the interior was more luxurious with a factory wood trim. The add on is UGLY, and they made a HUGE design flaw when they took away the change holder...we NEED THAT!!
"Great But Not So Great Van" by Disheartened in Cambridge Oh on 01/01/2008. Trim: 2005 Honda Odyssey Touring, Owned 4 years.
Pros: Its a nice ride & comfortable with all of the features it has.
Cons: The run flat tires are very misleading and we were not informed of the problems when we purchased the van. Who would want to tour in a vehicle that the tires don' t last and couldn't be aligned until it was too late. A dealer has to change the tires which are out of sight on price and need to be ordered by the dealer. Some dealers were just recently equiped to take care of the tire situation and the dealers really do not want the touring on their lots. We wonder what it will do for resale value? Price of the tires are down somewhat, but the main problem still exists. Also the interior dash etc. material seems to scratch easily. We put our trust and money in Honda and they failed us.
Overall review: We feel Honda needs to come up with a solution that would allow ordinary tires to be put on this car without messing up the computer or compensate us for this problem. We would not recommend anyone to buy this car with the huge expense and maintenance problem with the tires.
Review ID: #520905 Is this review offensive?
Poor Quality, too many problems by Mel, Illinois on 04/17/2007. Trim: 2005 Honda Odyssey EX w/ Leather, Owned 2 years.
Pros: This was our second Honda minivan and 5th Honda vehicle overall. We liked the styling of the new model. Great features offered and great flexible vehicle for families and hauling things.
Cons: Lots of problems!!! We had the power steering sytem replaced 3 times and it still made awful noises when turning. All brake rotors and pads had to be replaced before 15,000 miles. Windshield trim warped and had to be replaced. Idol was very noisy service department never could find a problem with it. Tires only lasted 25,000 miles and were going to need to be replaced.
Overall review: Very disappointed in Honda. We've owned 3 Accords-1991, 1995, 1997, 2 Odysseys-2003, 2005. Never have had this much trouble with all the Hondas combined. Service manager said they have had to replace power steering systems usually twice before they stopped making noise. Dealership owner said they've seen a lot of problems with Odysseys. They used to make 60,000 a year and now make over 200,000 a year. Quite obviously Honda has turned to quantity instead of quality. We won't be buying a Honda again!
Buyer Beware- Look elsewhere by Minivan Mom on 01/03/2007. Trim: 2005 Honda Odyssey Touring, Owned 2 years.
Pros: The car handles very well most of the time except in icy conditions. I love the split bench.
Cons: DO not purchase this vehicle if you are planning on getting all the doors power including the rear hatch. If you do you will be stuck with the run flat tires. My vehicle is less than 2 years old with less than 30,000 miles on it and the tires already need replaced. The replacement cost is $1200.00.
Overall review: Overall it's a decent vehicle but the price is high and the cost of maintenance and other hidden costs down the line are too much. I don't mind paying money for good quality in this case I don't feel that I got what I paid for.