2005 Lexus IS 300

THE JAPANESE ROLLS ROYCE by IAN on 05/26/2009. Trim: 2005 Lexus IS 300 E-Shift Sedan, Owned 1 year.
Pros: IT IS SO SMOOTH & QUIET. YOU CANNOT FEEL THE GEARS CHANGE, THE BUILD QUALITY
Cons: REPLACEMENT PARTS ARE EXPENSIVE
Overall review: THE BEST CAR I HAVE EVER DRIVEN
Sweet Ride by Niecy-Massachusetts on 04/17/2009. Trim: 2005 Lexus IS 300 5-Speed Sedan, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I'm the second owner (2008). The first owner leased the vehicle. It was in excellent condition when I bought it, with great mileage. I love the body style, rear lights and sun roof. I love the interior design and the Bose stereo system. I absolutely love the performance and handling. The car has serious attitude! I catch looks everywhere I go!
Cons: It's a rear wheel drive vehicle, so I did have some difficulty driving this past winter, even when I used the traction and snow options. Having a 5-speed does help though.
Overall review: I'd recommend this vehicle to anyone who likes a combination of sport and luxury. The IS 300 is a very well made vehicle, and deserves all the acclaim that it has been given.
lean, mean, responsive and extremely well made by Jeff on 01/29/2008. Trim: 2005 Lexus IS 300 E-Shift Sedan, Owned 3 years.
Pros: sleek styling -- there's either a Benz, a Beamer and even a Corvette (nose area) to its look; also, it is very responsive and handles extremely well; I've had it up to 125 miles an hour and it had so much more to go (135 mph is not fantasy land for this car)
Cons: the air conditioner will start when you turn the heat on -- I don't know if this by design or not but it can be mildly annoying
Overall review: this is an extremely well made automobile; it is made in Japan and reflected in the quality; again, it does have some gusto and styling to boot
Go for the IS300. by Anthony in CT on 04/01/2006. Trim: 2005 Lexus IS 300 5-Speed Sedan, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I am so impressed with the IS every time I drive it. Depending on my driving mood, the car can play as hard as any true sports car or be smooth and as quiet as a Lexus. There is a reason it took so long for Lexus to redesign the IS, it's because this model is so good.
Cons: Gas mileage could be much better. I'm averaging 22 mpg on premium without driving too aggressively.
Overall review: Would definetly recommend this car to anyone wanting sports car performance with a back seat and solid reliability. I laugh at my friends with BMW's, Audi's, or Mercedes ever time they have to take their car for service. Reliability is worth a lot.
Total Luxury IS 300 by Neil from Guam on 11/23/2005. Trim: 2005 Lexus IS 300 E-Shift Sedan, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I love the styling, speed and it's honestly an awesome car.
Cons: Need more horsepower which they did with the 2006 IS 350.
Overall review: Total luxury with outstanding driving experience and people do look at it when you drive by and say WOW it's a beautiful car.