2005 Toyota Prius

Tough lil' car by Jason on 03/25/2010. Trim: 2005 Toyota Prius 4-Door Liftback, Owned 4 years.
Pros: Great gas mileage approx 48-54 mpg/tank. Tough and roomy. It's been in a fender bender, hauled concrete mixer, concrete, dogs, generator, canoe, lumber. Everything and anything. I've truly abused this little car, yet it keeps right on rockin' and rollin'. Even went about 8,000 miles without changing the synthetic oil a few times, still no problems after 105,000 + miles. Replaced water pump and a/c compressor about a year after fender bender as well as hood, bumper and a few other minor body damaged parts. Car even gets about 15-20 mpg at 107 mph.
Cons: The only thing I don't like is the shifter poking me in the knee while I'm driving and sometimes hitting my head when getting in and out. Don't like the park button being so easy to accidently push while driving. Other than that and the cheesy/unsporty look. I love it.
Overall review: Superb car. Doesn't even shake when it's topped out at 107mph. Has stood test of ME!
So far so good by Mark on 02/22/2009. Trim: 2005 Toyota Prius 4-Door Liftback, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Great gas mileage, easy to drive, great for around town and city driving. nice stereo, thoughful and practical design and lay out. good in winter driving.
Cons: Boring to drive [but I knew that when I bought it]. very difficult to see out the back especially when backing up. somewhat poor seat positioning. I m 6 feet 4 and often hit my knee on the gear control when I get in the car
Overall review: Overall, I like the car and believe its a vehicle I can keep for many years to come. Its not the most exciting car to drive but its practical, secure, safe and inexpensive to keep, well worth the purchase and I have no regrets. I strongly recommend this car.
The BEST vehicle I have ever owned in my 75 years. by Ray from Tobyhanna PA on 11/30/2008. Trim: 2005 Toyota Prius 4-Door Liftback, Owned 4 years.
Pros: comfort, ride and handling are the best I have experienced.
Cons: I honestly cannot find anything to dislike about this vehicle.
Overall review: I could sell this automobile, and I do not care for automobile salespersons.
I'm Lovin It! by An MSN Autos Consumer on 10/10/2005. Trim: 2005 Toyota Prius 4-Door Liftback, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Awesome vehicle!
Cons: Needs a higher grade interior finish for a longer lasting experience. The light colored cloth will be destroyed within months. This may offend some, but I really wish leather from the factory was an option. A friend added leather to his after market and it REALLY looks great. Auto Headlights, lumbar for the driver, and electronic seats would also be a nice feature.
Overall review: I left Lexus (after driving 6 different models) for this vehicle. I absolutely love it. The small things I don't like don't even begin to compare to the overall satisfaction I have with it. I did not plan on getting 60/51. As long as I got over 40 (getting 45) I felt I'd be happy.
Save money at the gas station. by Don on 10/12/2009. Trim: 2005 Toyota Prius 4-Door Liftback, Owned 4 years.
Pros: Smart Key System, location and ease of shifting the gear shift knob, gas mileage, low maintenance costs, great brakes, navigation system and the liftback. Also, ease of lowering/rasing the rear seats.
Cons: Mine was the last year without the safety backup view in the navigation system. I understand that this feature is now included with the navigation system in all models built 2006 and later. I would also like to have the interioe solar ventilation system which is now available in the 2010 model. I prefer the location of the gear shift control in the previous(2009 and before) models.
Overall review: All of the above and it runs on regular gas.