2005 Volvo V70

Base Model V70 is AWESOME Value!! by Billy from Ventura on 01/31/2006. Trim: 2005 Volvo V70 2.4, Owned 1 year.
Pros: We bought the base 2005 V70 in May 05 and have racked up 15,800 miles as of 1/31. The finish both inside and out is excellent. The seats are supportive, adjustable, and easy to clean (we got the cloth seats). Fuel economy and driving range have been excellent for us. We average 27mpg overall, and we drive a fair city/highway mix. On our big road trip last summer we were routinely achieving 31mpg (with loaded roof) and found ourselves stopping for restroom breaks and just topping up the tank while we were off the highway--we never before have had a car with this kind of range (well over 500 miles on the open road!). Optional roof-rack and basket are AWESOME and very attractive.
Cons: It could be roomier inside--we got mild cabin fever on our big trip. Flimsy plastic covers for Child anchors located on back of rear seats broke off after first use. Visibility through side-view mirrors takes some getting used to; I don't have this complaint now, but I did when the car was still new-to-me.
Overall review: This is a fantastic family car. Even with two kids we just couldn't bring ourselves to buy a minivan, so our options were limited to SUV or wagon. We drove EVERYTHING--and even drove many twice. When it came down to it we ended up jumping on our local dealership's "lost leader" advertised to attract attention to their weekend sale. $23,000 plus roof rack, tow pkg, and tinting (and, of course tax) is not too shabby for a brand new car with a $31,000 sticker price. Our BASE MODEL car has an awesome sound system, steering wheel-mounted stereo and cruise control buttons, front and rear side curtain air bags, easily usable trip computer, plus nice cup holders, 12v plug for rear seat, and other neat items we only found in other manufacturers' "higher end" models. We are very happy with our car. *I must also add that our dealer (Ventura Volvo) is second to none with customer care--they remember me and my car when I call for scheduled maintenance (all maintenance included for 48,000 miles).
Unbelievable by Susan from Jacksonville on 01/22/2008. Trim: 2005 Volvo V70 2.5T, Owned 3 years.
Pros: This is my 3rd wagon in 11 years - I cannot imagine driving any other make car.
Cons: Nothing to dislike
Overall review: Great car.
First Impressions by George on 01/04/2005. Trim: 2005 Volvo V70 2.4, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Very well put together. Fit and finish exceeds anything else I was considering. We have the base engine, which I was concerned about, but it moves this vehicle more than adequately. My wife (who is not particularly assertive as a driver) states that she doesn't even realize she is going 80 MPH. With carrying 5 people, performs much better than I had expected. We stepped down from an EB Explorer, and the rear passenger room seems to be better, which more than makes up for the slight loss of usable cargo space we have given up. The ride and driving comfort is not even comparable.
Cons: Nothing thus far (we are only 300 miles into the vehicle). I'm interested to see if the electrical "gremlins" I heard about with Volvos will appear.
Overall review: Highly recommend this vehicle. I was tired of the truck experience (EB was our 2nd SUV), and we wanted to keep some utility. We test drove the Passat TDI & Magnum and I have no regrets. The filtration is top notch as well. The smells that pop up are gone immediately with the press of a button. Very impressive. When I am getting around 30 MPG on the highway, I just smile (after getting 17-18 in the EB). Will report back later, with additional impressions.
SUV Slayer by David from Alexandria, VA on 05/01/2006. Trim: 2005 Volvo V70 2.5T, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Good exceleration, nimble steering, excellent audio, decent gas mileage. Bought car from a dealer in Chattanooga, TN and have it serviced in Alexandria, VA. Both dealers have been terrific.
Cons: Could be a little quieter, a bit of engine noise at low speeds with engine under power
Overall review: Great car. No problems to date after 16K miles. Classy, comfortable and nimble alternative to SUV. Much better gas mileage too! What's to dislike?
A wagon in a tuxedo by Michael on 03/21/2006. Trim: 2005 Volvo V70 2.4, Owned 1 year.
Pros: The interior fit and finish is superb. The car is bank vault quiet around town it makes errands much less the chore. The V70 has great brakes, average acceleration, suprisingly good handling, good A/C system. As a bonus the V70 gets 26 mpg all the time and over 30 mpg highway. It has a 500 mile range on a tank of gas. Its an opulent family hauler that is very good at its designed function. No maitenance problems at all in 21,000 miles.
Cons: The V70 will go quickly off the line - but it does not like full throttle acceleration - it prefers a steady but brisk rise up to your desired speed. It has a blind spot over driver's shoulder during lane change no big deal once you know its there. It will haul groceries and other light items - do not think of putting brick and morter back there.
Overall review: Civilized stylish family transportation, great mileage, suprisingly good handling for a wagon and great views of the world around you out large panoramic windows.