2005 Honda Civic Hybrid

Honda Civic Hybrid 2005 by Patrick from Clinton on 10/10/2012. Trim: 2005 Honda Civic Hybrid Sedan, Owned 7 years.
Pros: The first car I ever bought new. Gas Mileage has been steady at 48 - 42 mpg. I love the immediate feedback on my gas mileage with the LED display. I travel 300 miles a week and it is very comfortable. Honda warranty was great, they replaced a lot of items: both catalytic converters, the start clutch, the battery pack.
Cons: The start clutch needs to be replaced again at 150,00 miles, no warranty and costs $1500.00. Just replaced the battery pack at 149,400 miles. Mass State warranty was to either 10 years or 150,000 miles. It would have cost $3100.00 to have the dealership replace the battery pack. I got lucky
Overall review: I have been very happy with the vehicles performance.
WATCH OUT FOR THE A/C by CPESJ on 08/25/2010. Trim: 2005 Honda Civic Hybrid Sedan AT-PZEV, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Hybrid (HOV Lane Sticker), few problems except...
Cons: LOUD, and the A/C breaks!!! $1000 to fix the problem.
Overall review: 8/10
Honda Customer Service Poor by An MSN Autos Consumer on 08/20/2007. Trim: 2005 Honda Civic Hybrid Sedan, Owned 2 years.
Pros: It drives and looks like the standard civic...this is what appealed to me.
Cons: Service for the Honda Hybrid-Civic is very poor. Service on the transmission required permission from the Honda Tech line and took 2-3 days. The local mechanic recommended a transmission replacement and Honda Tech recommended flushing the transmission. The transimission failed 300 miles down the road. In addition, I experienced a serious Air Conditioning problem. The Air Conditioner started make an awful noise and I brought it in for service. The required parts were not available and delayed for three weeks. I was told the AC would function and the car was okay to drive in spite of the noise. The compressor and related gear froze up, the waterpump failed and damaged the engine.
Overall review: Overall the vehicle is rated good...at least prior to 70000 miles. I would be very careful buying an older hybrid or a newer one if it is a Honda or you plan on keeping it awhile. Honda service, especially under an extended warranting, is very suspect.
Nice Hybrid by Paul from Tacoma on 09/17/2005. Trim: 2005 Honda Civic Hybrid Sedan, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: The gas milage is a lot better than a regular car but it will not get the milage that is advertized! It had a recall for the richness of the fuel, I had the recall performed and the milage went down 50 miles per tank.
Cons: I'am broad across my shoulders and the drivers seat is moulded, but it is moulded for a smaller person so I have to sit a little side ways.
Overall review: other than the recall and lowered gas milage I like the car and will buy another one when necessary.
Good but not Great by Quentin on 12/09/2004. Trim: 2005 Honda Civic Hybrid Sedan w/CVT AT-PZEV, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Good on gas. I like the stiff steering, makes good corners.
Cons: Small and the interior looks like that of a Civic, kinda cheap.
Overall review: Good car but not as good as my other car, the Prius.