2005 Chevrolet Cobalt

Not to buy! by An MSN Autos Consumer on 10/28/2009. Trim: 2005 Chevrolet Cobalt LS Sedan, Owned 4 years.
Pros: Not much!
Cons: Ummm, where do I start? Well I don’t really like the look, inside and out, and I find it quite cheap. It’s true, the price is good and it has less problems then my old Accent but it’s still close enough. After 20 000km, my transmission was not going well in the cold and when I stopped on the side of the highway one day with my brother because one of my brakes was smoking in back, my car started to back up in park. GM saw no problem so I kept on running and thankfully it didn’t happen again for a while. Now I have 80 000km and I brought it to a check up and apparently, I have to change my transmission and my exhaust manifold. Screw it, I’m buying a Toyota instead.
Overall review: Not to good!
GM + Colbalt = "Lemon/ Junk! by Vernee from Virginia on 04/06/2011. Trim: 2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe, Owned 6 years.
Pros: The price on this vehicle was reasonable and, the car got good gas mileage.
Cons: I had my colbalt for 6 years and it ran good with no problems. I only took the car back to the dealer for one recall, that was for a steering/electrical problem. On April first, the car just stopped running, no warning, no engine light or anything. I had the car towed to the auto macanic and was told the transmission went out in the car. I purchased the car in 2005,it was only 6 years old. I just don't understand why the transmission would die on a 6 year old car. I took good care of the car and made sure that the oil changes and maintnance was done on the car when it was supposed to be done. The next day, I brought a honda civic, no more GM cars for me.
Overall review: My overall review is not a very positive one. This was the first GM car that had ever owned and it will be the last one. I'm very disappointed with the performance of the vehicle. I called GM and complained for what good it will do. I guess it's not a concern for them that they are selling junk cars to people as long as they keep making their millions. I have also spoken to other cobalt owners and they have also shared about having some negative experiences with their colbalts.
Great Car for the Money by Leadfoot from Wisconsin on 04/27/2009. Trim: 2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Excellent acceleration for a 4 cyl. car. The gas mileage isn't too shabby either. I average about 28 mpg with my not-so-conservative driving.
Cons: The seats are not very comfortable and the plastic door for the tray next to the steering wheel on the driver's side is broken at the tabs it swivels on (pretty cheap design).
Overall review: Overall I am very please with the vehicle other than the issues that I have listed above. I would recommend this car to those who need inexpensive transportation and don't mind giving up a few creature comforts to get it. The Cobalt is not a bad vehicle for the money, but if you're looking for luxury then this is not the car for you.
Amazing 1st car!! by Luke from Arlington, VA on 09/14/2009. Trim: 2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I love the steering, the accelration for it being a 4 cylinder car. Great "Pocket Rock" or "Mini-Muscle Car".
Cons: I just wish that the interior was a little better.
Overall review: i personally recomend this car to younger people who cant afford a car like the Camaro or Mustang.
Love this ride!!! by An MSN Autos Consumer on 04/16/2009. Trim: 2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe, Owned 4 years.
Pros: Its the best bang for your buck. Gas mileage is awesome. Chick magnet car. Ample acceleration, solid brake pedal feel. Its been reliable after 78,000 miles. Perfect teen car. Im a happy buyer!
Cons: Some aspects of the interior could have been improved, but i guess you cant get everything for the small amount paid. Stock tires went pretty quickly. Replacements last much longer.
Overall review: Overall, this is a very competitive compact Chevy car. Its right up there with the Civic and Corolla as far as im concerned! I love my cobalt and would buy another when im ready!