2005 Honda Civic

$1800 in repairs! by Disappointed on 06/12/2013. Trim: 2005 Honda Civic EX Sedan AT w/ Front Side Airbags, Owned 8 years.
Pros: It's a ok commuter car
Cons: Only has 98k miles. Been to dealer 4 times to correct stalling. First visit they replaced the crankshaft sensor for $350. In shop now and they are quoting an addition $1400 to replace the harness.
Overall review: Maybe we got a lemon, but I think this is our first and last Honda. We bought it for the trouble free reliability.
Bospham by Bulletproof! on 01/20/2012. Trim: 2005 Honda Civic VP Sedan AT w/ Front Side Airbags, Owned 7 years.
Pros: Gas mileage is excellent, decent handling, good visibility, comfortable seats. What more could you ask for in a commuter car
Cons: Road noise, seat belts fail to fully retract
Overall review: 165,000 miles and no signs of slowing down. Just change brakes, belts and fluids per recommended intervals and you're good to go!
Blue Beauty - 05 Honda Civic coupe by FMar on 10/14/2010. Trim: 2005 Honda Civic SE Coupe, Owned 6 years.
Pros: Styling was great on the outside, inside was fairly decent as well. Back seat was a little crammed but Honda made an upgrade on rear seating to make it more spacious. Other than that, no other repairs, and parts are cheap. The engine will last at least 350km before it totally dies.
Cons: The car had problems accelerating, had to take it in. Also, I had to sell it because the transmission was totally done on it. After only 180,000km the transmission needed to be replaced, as well as the clutch. Had a 5 speed, the gear shifter tended to "pop" out of gear in both 3rd and 5th gear. Needed $2400 worth of work. Honda makes poor poor transmissons, and they've had a number a problems with them for years. At least the engines run forever!
Overall review: Overall, the car was above average. I really did like the car and wished to have kept it, but the cost to repair the transmission was too much to handle.
Great Car by Bob from Massachusetts on 07/16/2009. Trim: 2005 Honda Civic DX Sedan, Owned 4 years.
Pros: I like Everything about this car! I purchased it new an have over 100,000 miles on it. No major repairs yet. I do hope to keep it for many years. I have been driving since 1962 and this is the best car I have owned. Most of my cars have been American and purchased brand new.
Cons: I had an earlier Civic with an automatic. This is far superior with a standard. Always buy a standard shift when buying a car with a small engine. If it had an automatic, It would be under powered for highway passing.
Overall review: More cars should be like this. GM, Ford, Chrysler, listen up! this is what you should be making
Great efficient car. by Civic05 from Albany NY on 01/01/2009. Trim: 2005 Honda Civic EX Sedan, Owned 2 years.
Pros: This is a great car. Good on gas, the price is affordable and the body style is nice. I have the special edition model which I love because of the 6 CD changer and the input for an ipod plug. The pick up is fair especially in the 5-spd. I really like it and would recommend it to anyone who isn't hell-bent on having a really fast car.
Cons: Nothing really except it could be faster, of course.
Overall review: Overall, I would recommend this car because it's good on gas and has all the amenities you really need in a compact car. Go civic!