2005 Toyota RAV4

Good one! Nice alternative to Pre owned Subaru by An MSN Autos Consumer on 05/05/2012. Trim: 2005 Toyota RAV4, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Fun to drive, responsive, great in rain & snow, love the tailgate door, spacious trunk, decent pick up for non turbo, great cup holders & storage, compact
Cons: Needs fifth gear, seats not super comfortable
Overall review: I got a good deal on a certified Pre-0wned 05 Rav. I love it! I'm sure the newer ones have addressed my few issues. The seats are ok, but could be much better. The back seats feel a little awkward, not good for passengers on long drives but not really an issue for us (dog loves it!). It's pretty basic, even my L model, but the heat and AC are great like all toyotas. I love driving this car and would love to upgrade someday to a newer model! I wanted a Subaru, ended up with the Rav, and am very happy with it. Seems reliable and I have taken it on numerous 7+ hour trips up north with no problems. Good headlight and I appreciate the fogs!! It could use a fifth gear for highway driving as the rpms are a little loud over 65 mph, but now I'm used to it. I think it looks great too. Not super fancy or sporty, but a good reliable Pre owned vehicle that should last me for years. Glad to have no financing!
Reliable, dependable, a keeper by NJ Driver on 05/12/2013. Trim: 2005 Toyota RAV4 4WD, Owned 8 years.
Pros: There are conveniences we would like to have that weren't available at the time we made our purchase, but nothing I consider would be a must have. Overall it has been a pleasure to own.
Cons: Nothing to dislike.
Overall review: We bought L model new for my wife and have not had a bit of trouble. Vacations, weekend trips, back and forth to work, other than routine maintenance on a regular basis, at 85,000 miles the Rav4 has been very reliable. For a 4 cylinder it has plenty of get up and go, the AWD has been great in the snow, ice and rain, getting terrific mileage. My wife won’t trade it in and as long as the wheels turn, I don’t see a replacement in the near future. Over the long haul it has been the most cost-effective vehicle we have owned and I can’t see us upgrading to a newer car, and will probably have this for several more years, with the possibility of replacing the engine before we consider a new car.
2005 Rav4 a great SUV by Rick D from Pawt. RI on 02/26/2009. Trim: 2005 Toyota RAV4 4WD, Owned 4 years.
Pros: Good gas mileage, all round great utility vehicle. Dependable.
Cons: Road noise could be better.
Overall review: Great vehicle, more sound insulation would make this a perfect 10!
Wow, what an SUV by ezshift5 on 07/26/2014. Trim: 2005 Toyota RAV4 2WD, Owned 2 years.
Pros: It has good power for it's size. It's been mechanically reliable.
Cons: Lousy mileage for such a small vehicle. Cramped interior. Paint is peeling. Headlights fogged over.
Overall review: Basically a horrid little SUV. I've never seen mileage better than 21 mpg, and its rated at 24/30. The front seats have no legroom if you are over 5'10". I'm 6' and have no room to move my legs once seated. The paint is peeling off and the headlights are glazed over. I had a 2000 F150 that sat outside for 13 years and never had that problem. Switches have gone bad inside. The tire pressure monitoring won't reset. Noisy when riding down the highway, it's hard to even have a conversation without yelling. This is the exact kind of vehicle you would wish on your worst enemy.
Dependability at its best . . . by Sam Jersey on 01/10/2014. Trim: 2005 Toyota RAV4 4WD, Owned 9 years.
Pros: Reliability, Dependability, Low Maintenance, Handling, Parking, MPG
Cons: Can't think of anything to dislike since 2005, the day we purchased it.
Overall review: Purchased new a 2005 Rav4L, (trading in a 2001 Rav4) the last year or that body style.My wife's primary vehicle, she has no desire to part with it.It has 95,000 miles, other than tires, oil changes, tires, recent spark plugs, battery replaced after 8 years, we have had no major issues. We have taken this over mountains, sleet, snow, rain, mud and it has not failed in getting us to our destination.We will be putting in new shocks in the next few weeks and with luck another 100,000 carefree miles. Plenty of room for groceries, storage etc.Easy to park, great maneuverability and it has enough power and passing ability for our needs. It has consistently averaged around 26 to 28 mpg on the highway. It doesn't have a lot of newer features that come with the newer cars, but it does the job well. One of the most reliable vehicles we have ever owned. My vehicle is a Toyota Tacoma and if it gives the same service as the Rav4, I expect to not have to buy another vehicle for many years from now.