2005 Saab 9-5

Great SKI/Biz car by SKIMAN on 08/05/2008. Trim: 2005 Saab 9-5 Aero, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Sporty, aggressive look and feel to the car that tells you this car is no Camry. I have owned 8 saab's over the years and have found them to be very reliable, get good gas milage and are comfortable and fun to drive. The faster you go the better they drive. Where is that autobahn? I have never blown a turbo and never had a major mechanical issue in over 1 million miles of driving Saabs for business and pleasure. My area dealer provides great service when I need it.
Cons: I have founds the built in Navigational system to be difficult to use but I really do not need it anyway. Might want to carry an extra serepentine belt if one breaks as most garages do not carry parts that fit saab's. Resale values on Saab's have not been good lately which is why I buy them used (2 years old) just off of lease and still under warranty off e-bay or other usually at 45% of original MSRP. Great Value!
Overall review: My 2005 9-5 aero has comfortable seats, nice accesories and terrific power and handling characterisitics. It seems to really shine and handle superbly at speeds over 100 MPH on wide open (deserted) western highways. So far the car which has an automatic transmission gets just over 30 mpg on road trips consistantly and at highway speeds of 75 mph+ on average. Great acceleration for passing semi's in tight spots. The silver color is nice. So far at 45k the car has been trouble free like all my other Saab's I have had in the past. A very comfortable, safe car, that also runs great in snow provided the car is equipped with snow tires. Trunk storage is excellent.
It could be a great car if it would start after short trips. by Dot, NJ on 08/02/2007. Trim: 2005 Saab 9-5 Arc 2.3t, Owned 2 years.
Pros: I have the station wagon. The car handles beautifully. It has excellent acceleration and is really a pleasure to drive.
Cons: I have a starting problem with this car. It doesn't happen when it's cold, but rather after stopping the car for 5-10 minutes (e.g. running into the grocery store). The dealer can't locate anything wrong with the vehicle and told me to buy a certain brand of gas. It still hasn't helped and after not starting for 35 minutes yesterday, it's going back to the dealer for the 3rd time. I am only 5'2" and the car is built for a much taller individual.
Overall review: There is so much to love about this car and it is killing me that it is so unreliable right now. When the car starts, it runs beautifully and drives like a dream. The interior is nicely laid out and everything is accessible to the driver. It is very easy to fold down the seats in the station wagon. Unfortunately, for a 2 year old car with 35,000 miles on it, it has this starting issue that should not be occuring at this stage of the game. I'm going to give it a few months, but if this can't be repaired, I'm going to cut my losses and go to a more reliable Japanese car.
I luv my SAAB! by Missouri Mom on 04/23/2007. Trim: 2005 Saab 9-5 Aero, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Looks, handling, safety ,comfort, and gas mileage. I love the turbo when passing. It gets me in, out and down the road! Hugs the curves.
Cons: Noisy ride and a little rough. Ignition in the console. Manual shifter on the steering wheel. Need more space up front to stow things. Can't place purse on console as it will shut ignition off if bumped! Has happened to me 2 or 3 times! Low profile tires cause me to get stuck more on ice and snow.
Overall review: Overall I would recommend a Saab to anyone! I really am pleased with my car and will probably get another one someday!! For now I plan to drive this one for a long time.
Jet (especialy AERO) by An MSN Autos Consumer on 01/07/2006. Trim: 2005 Saab 9-5 Aero, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Safety and thats it.
Cons: No minuses for me.
Overall review: Good car. (or jet I don't know
Great car for those who are looking for something a little different by Tony on 07/09/2005. Trim: 2005 Saab 9-5 Aero, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Great torque from the Turbo. This car has serious passing power. Excellent Auto trans. Great Seats
Cons: turn signal/cruise control stalk (GM parts bin engineering) visors Paddle shifting a bit slow on upshifts.
Overall review: The Aero has a completely different feel than the ARC does. The suspension changes and the extra power transform the car.