2005 Saab 9-3

Reliable, Safe, Stylish Turbo. by Derek from Washington state on 09/17/2011. Trim: 2005 Saab 9-3 Linear Sedan, Owned 6 years.
Pros: I have not spent a dollar on repairs on this car since it was new 6 years ago. The only money I've spend is on new tires and wipers, which are supposed to wear out. It's supposed to be safe being a 2005 IIHS Gold Pick based on crash tests. It also handles well and doesn't attract vandals like BMW's do. On the highway, it gets over 30 mpg. In the suburbs, it's fast due to the turbo.
Cons: Nothing, except haters call it quirky.
Overall review: Safe, reliable, good handling, Swedish.
Very satisfied by Dale from Lincoln on 08/28/2010. Trim: 2005 Saab 9-3 Linear Sedan, Owned 2 years.
Pros: The car handles very well with a set of Goodyear GT's on it. Braking is wonderful and tight. There is some turbo lag, but after it catches up you will get to 70 mph in no time. I drive 240 hwy miles per week and average 33 mpg (and I don't drive like a grandma). The dash computer system is a nice feature. The leather seats are comfortable and I have enough leg room (I'm 6'2"). There are 2 cup holders in front and 2 in the rear. The rear seats fold down to make a large trunk even larger.
Cons: There aren't many. The CD player doesn't work and you cannot put an aftermaket stereo in because the computer system runs through it and it costs $800 to replace (f that). The door seals are horrible. I drive 3 miles of gravel to work and have to run the fan on high to keep the cabin pressurized to keep dust from coming in. The oil filter isn't a typical spin on job, it's goes in a recepticle under the plastic on top of the motor. Have had to replace headlights already.
Overall review: I have owned the car for 1 year and it has 59k miles on it. I highly recommend it (so far). The 5 speed works flawlessly and the car is SUPER quiet. I had a spare key made ($70) because if you lose your "key" you will have to buy a new ignition module for $1500. The instrument cluster is very functional and everything is within easy reach. There isn't much room in the back seats if the fronts are in the far back position. I have had the car up to 130 mph and it handled outstanding at speed.
My Favorite Car Ever by Me on 01/31/2009. Trim: 2005 Saab 9-3 Arc Convertible, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I love the lime-green color. i love the ease of putting the top down, i love the interior, i love everything about this car.
Cons: maintance repairs are expensive and can only be serviced @ an actual saab dealer.
Overall review: The most favorite car I've ever owned.
Can't Find a Thing Wrong by Ann from Menomonee Falls, WI on 02/19/2008. Trim: 2005 Saab 9-3 Linear Sedan, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I bought this car used and so far I have had no problem what so ever. I love this car and zip all over town in it.
Cons: The only con I have is that you cannot silence the horn when you use the key to lock/unlock the doors.
Overall review: Having come from buying Chrysler product due to an employee discount I am more than thrilled with this car. I started out by looking for BMW's but decided I didn't want to shell out a bunch of money at the time. This car was right in the price range and I am happy I bought it.
100 % Saabness, by joey, seattle/spokane on 12/06/2005. Trim: 2005 Saab 9-3 Arc Sedan, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: 2006, 9 3 2.0t I find this car everything it represents in it marketplace. I'm confident of all its Safety Features. 4cyl turbo amazing power and acceleration rival most 6cly. Handling, Steering "10" tight circles. Braking, confident and reliable. Winter Weather a must fwd drives like an awd. excellent control on snow and ice, with winter tires. (toyo mud and snow) Gas mileage as rated and sometimes better, the best I've had was 34mpg. Interior conviences a plus, trunk space great and fold down back seat.
Cons: My personal dislikes are FM reception poor, and even though I have power seats, on long road trips, i just can not get that perfect comfortable position. need more variables.
Overall review: 100 % Saabness, you will love it.