2005 Hyundai Elantra

Elantra is Great in the Snow! by Nanc on 11/14/2009. Trim: 2005 Hyundai Elantra GLS 5-Door, Owned 2 years.
Pros: I love the way this car handles on a dime...truly....I am very pleased. Seats are comfortable....lots of room to haul things in the hatch when I had to move. I did most of it myself except for the large furniture.I also drive over 30 miles to work each day in Pennsylvania. Handles great in the snow with the traction conrtol. I give that part an A.
Cons: My steering wheel is falling apart... and I don't pick at it...it's just falling apart ? Almost like dry rot and the paint on the hood and fender is peeling off which I find strange.The only thing I have had to replace was the thermostat.
Overall review: I am happy overall with my purchase of the Elantra. I am just a little disappointed in the quality of the exterior paint and steering wheel.
Why do I need this? by An MSN Autos Consumer on 11/02/2009. Trim: 2005 Hyundai Elantra GT 4-Door, Owned 4 years.
Pros: I got a great deal on the car, under $10,000 new.
Cons: It didn't come with cruise control.
Overall review: I haven't had a single problem with it yet although to be fair I don't put a lot of miles on it.
fun car by andyduck from Iowa on 08/16/2009. Trim: 2005 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4-Door, Owned 4 years.
Pros: trouble free,enjoy to drive,been on long roads trips thru various terrain. very enjoyable to own
Cons: none
Overall review: excellant overall car
Review ID: #541971 Is this review offensive?
Spunky Car by An MSN Autos Consumer on 06/23/2009. Trim: 2005 Hyundai Elantra GT 4-Door, Owned 3 years.
Pros: It is a spunky little car. Having a 5 speed makes it more fun.
Cons: The reverse gear gets stuck at times, but not a major problem.
Overall review: Great little car.
hyundai elantra by glenn- dallas tx on 06/11/2008. Trim: 2005 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4-Door, Owned 3 years.
Pros: EXCELLENT VEHICLE!!!!! 12 trips from Texas to Pennsylvania without any problems or difficulties, sips gas, lots of power, extremely reliable. Purchased this car as a "disposible vehicle" but have come to rely on it without worry! Only problem was an oxygen sensor that was quickly taken care of by service. Owned car for 3 years, already have 70,000 miles and runs as good as the day I brought it home
Cons: NONE
Overall review: Great vehicle, Great value! would highly recomend!