2005 Toyota Sequoia

2 3 4 5 6 7 8  Next
The ideal cross between a luxury vehicle and a truck by An MSN Autos Consumer on 12/20/2007. Trim: 2005 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4WD, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Power,size,4WD capability,styling,comfort,cargo carrying capacity
Cons: Leather seats-even with seat heaters tend to be cold when first getting into vehicle in winter.Poor gas mileage
Overall review: Excellent vehicle,can use as a very comfortable car one day,and as a truck the next.
Review ID: #520396 Is this review offensive?
Super Sequoia by An MSN Autos Consumer on 02/11/2006. Trim: 2005 Toyota Sequoia Limited 2WD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: You can feel the quality; much tighter and smoother than other SUVs i test drove
Cons: Gas mileage
Overall review: Excellent
Happy Owner by 1stToyota on 09/16/2005. Trim: 2005 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Before purchasing, I compared this with the GX470, 4Runner, QX56, and Armada; in order of preference. I was pleasantly surprised by the excellent NVH in the Sequoia. The ride was very comfortable and quiet (Lexus like), and the overall body control during cornering excellent. I have also upgraded to 20inch wheels and tires, which has improved the handling without harming the NVH. The other nice feature of the Sequoia is the NAV system, which has a very easy to use touch screen system. The cargo room is also very good, especially with the 3rd row seats removed.
Cons: Technical competence of the Toyota service department personnel is pathetic. I have returned to “fix” the same electrical problem 5 times at the same dealer and keep having it reoccur. I think the complexities of the electronic systems in the new Toyotas are baffling some of the techs in the service departments. I’ll try another dealer next time if this doesn’t get fixed. The Toyota service department does not give me a sense of ease that I get when I drop off my other cars at Lexus or MB. It’s a shame, since the Sequoia is such a nice car.
Overall review: Overall, this is an excellent truck. If you need an 8-seater SUV with good cargo room, the Sequoia is hard to beat. With the excellent V8, good 5-speed transmissions, and shift on the fly 4WD with Hi/Lo gearing, it’s tough to beat. The interior is a little dated looking, but the material is generally very good. The interior of the newly designed 4Runner is nicer, so hopefully the next generation Sequoia will go in that direction. So far, I’ve averaged about 13mpg with mostly city driving (2WD) and 18mpg on extended all highway driving (2WD) which I find acceptable and was fully aware of this when purchasing this vehicle.
Sequoia vs. Escalade by Howard from Maryland on 06/28/2005. Trim: 2005 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I like the touch screen navigation system. I know alot of cars and suv's have them, but you don't have to pay all the money in the world. It's only 2500 for Toyota. Other navigation system are alot more. I can't believe how much room I have and I didn't have to pay sixty thousand for it. The front and back dvd is cool. Wireless headphone sets notice I said sets. You get four with the limited. Some suv's didn't offer that. I like the fact that I can pick how I wish to drive. Hi speed gear or low speed gear. shift L gear. I have alot of option here. Plus great service you can't go wrong with Toyota.
Cons: The ride could be alot more smoother when your going over bumps. I wish Toyota had something like onstar service.
Overall review: This suv is the best suv out there. My last suv was a 2003 Escalade fully loaded. Sequoia far better and cheaper then the Escalade. Plus the Sequoia is easy on your pockets and you still get a great truck. When I had my Escalade the tranmission broke down on me three times. I was pushing my sixty thousand dallor suv out of a CVS parking space so it could be towed. GMC wouldn't stand behind there so called product. The fixed it yes. But I got tired of my tranmission breaking down and they wouldn't put another tranmission in or get me out of that suv. My truck broke down 3 months after the lemon law. Yeah what a truck and what I company. Toyota is the best and have always been the best. I am back home again. Thank you Toyota for sending me back home to a suv that I can count on and a company that stands behind there product.
best SUV ever! by momof2 in indiana on 06/18/2005. Trim: 2005 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: LOVE this car - my fave is the tailgate window can roll down (especially with the key fob)
Cons: taking out the rear seats and storing them somewhere is a pain, hard to read the dash (radio, etc)
Overall review: This car is wonderful!! I had a 4 runner for 6 years, then a Tahoe for 8 years - no contest going back to Toyota....this is the best SUV out of all of them - we have the luxury package with the captains chairs in the second row with console and it is perfect for my 2 kids. This truck also holds SO MUCH stuff it's amazing you can just keep putting more and more into it!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8  Next