2005 Audi A4 (Early 2005)

2005 Audi A4 (Early 2005) Prices
2005 Audi A4 (Early 2005) Fuel Economy
2 3 4 5 6 7 8  Next
Stylish and sophisticated German auto by Donnie from San Antonio, TX on 10/07/2011. Trim: 2005 Audi A4 (Early 2005) 1.8 T quattro w/Tiptronic, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Styling, build quality, features, interior comfort, reliable, a mini-tank.
Cons: Not enough HP/Torque, misc cup holders
Overall review: Bought this car used back in 09, and its been a joy every day. With regular routine maintenance, this car and its well built engine should last quite awhile. The fit and finish of both the exterior and interior speaks German engineered quality, literally second to none. Even with it being 6 years old, I still get looks from others and questions asking if it's brand new. Only minor issue I have are the cup holders which are not really in convenient spots. Overall I'm pleased with this car as my first Audi, however it wouldn't hurt if it had just a little more HP and/or torque, once it's going its good, but off the line don't expect it to zoom off right away.
Great car, but only under warranty by Don in DC on 11/18/2009. Trim: 2005 Audi A4 (Early 2005) 1.8 T quattro, Owned 4 years.
Pros: I love the performance and styling of this car. It handles great on the road. Good acceleration, although the 1.8 engine leaves a little power on the road compared to similar sedans. The warranty was great while the car was under warranty.
Cons: I have multiple expensive repairs from the beginning. Under warranty, no problem. I have brought the car in for every service religiously, but that has not made a difference. Since the warranty ended in Feb 2009, I have had $4,000 in repairs. The car is over engineered & Audi USA does not give its local dealers discretion to cover costs clearly due to poor parts performance. Two separate $900 repairs, the plastic thermostat and similar plastic part in the cooling system overheated and melted. 3 separate coolant leaks costing about $1,600. The ignition coils went at a cost of $800. The hinges to the glove box door have broken twice despite my infrequent use (3-6 times/month)
Overall review: Good performing car and nicely styled, but I would only buy again if under full warraty. Otherwise, very scary - like buying a bank stock in Fall 2008
A4 Junk by Jack from La. on 10/24/2009. Trim: 2005 Audi A4 (Early 2005) 1.8 T, Owned 3 years.
Pros: I like the styling and performance.
Cons: The transmission is junk. It has to be serviced every 30K miles which should raise a flag. This type of transmission (CVT) wears itself out. We have tried them in the industry where I work and they just don't hold up and a new trany is $8,000 plus labor. Audi does not sell parts for this unit so it can't be rebuilt.
Overall review: Don't buy any car with a CVT.
Awesome Audi A4 by audi1 in chicago on 07/25/2008. Trim: 2005 Audi A4 (Early 2005) 1.8 T quattro, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Gorgeous car inside and out. I drive an 05 and it still gets stares. It was bought used and its amazing how rattle-free the car is. Audi definitely makes solid, well built cars. Driving a quattro gives you confidence when driving on curves as if it were on rails ( granted your tires are also excellent - I just installed Goodyear's F1 all season ). I am looking forward to winter for once. I LOVE the interior at night. Seeing all the red glow; from the pin light shining down on the center stack to the ambient lighting in each interior door handle. Audi IS the benchmark for interiors. google it yourself and the majority of auto experts gives nothing but praises for it.
Cons: I get some people who want to race you at the light. I guess the car looks menacing in black! Its a turbo alright but its on a 4cylinder and puts out only 170hp.
Overall review: i recommend this to anybody who is looking for a german premiuim car.
The best I've had by An MSN Autos Consumer on 11/16/2007. Trim: 2005 Audi A4 (Early 2005) 1.8 T quattro w/Tiptronic, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Styling, comfort, handling, responsiveness, safety and reliability
Cons: Where the emergency brake is located.
Overall review: I actually leased this car in 2005 after having a 2003 A4 Cabriolet FWD. (don't lose that car)I have owned BMW, Infinitiy, Cadillac Lexus, and just about everything else and hands down this is the best vehicle I have ever owned. I also have a 2007 A4 Audi which pales in comparison.
2 3 4 5 6 7 8  Next