2005 Toyota Camry Solara

Convertable With Class by Tom from Tennessee on 03/25/2010. Trim: 2005 Toyota Camry Solara SLE Convertible, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Style inside and out. Can't hear the motor running standing next to it. For a convertable the ride is quiet no wind noise at all. I can fit well in the back seat at 6'3" 295. Great trunk room. design is sporty and classy at the same time. Like the options in the car. Plenty of power and speed for pasing
Cons: Has NO view out the rear window
Overall review: Great car for the price.
Great ride by Al.d on 07/22/2008. Trim: 2005 Toyota Camry Solara SE, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: MPG is 29-28 with auto & the 2.4 liter motor, very good for so roamy & fast car. A good trouble free "solid" used car, with great MPG and a bit of surprisingly powerful.
Cons: None to report yet!
Overall review: Al.D Great car, I bought it used in L.I. NY about 6 months ago, with over 40k on the car. We have used it for work & pleasure trips to our place in PA. MPG is 29-28 with auto & the 2.4 liter motor, very good for so roamy & fast car. We had other good cars in the last 35 years, and this is a really good one too. So if you are looking for a good trouble free "solid" new or used car, with great MPG and a bit of surprisingly powerful too, look at this one, you will not be sorry, what more can i say, I would tell my children to buy one!
Buy This Car! by catzm on 08/14/2005. Trim: 2005 Toyota Camry Solara SLE, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Fit and finish are superb, both inside and out. The V6 on the SLE is very quick and responsive. With the auto-manual transmission, I blow by the slower moving traffic on the highway. Backseat is larger than many 4-doors. I added Sirus radio to the pre-setup in dash unit and it's fantastic. I also added the small mudflaps and stainless steel door sills for a more custom look. Friends have said it looks like a $50K car! Excellent combination of performance and luxury, all for under $25K for any 2005 leftovers with the $750 rebate. The only change for 2006 is a lighter color wood tone trim. Grab an '05 if you can find one! A/C is excellent and I live in South Florida.
Cons: Lacks power controls on passenger seat and memory on the driver's side. No change holder - suprising for a Toyota! Had to pick one up at Wal Mart for $4!
Overall review: What more can I say? This is my first Toyota in many years (last one was a 1986 MR-2) and I'm extremely pleased.
Not bad, but still looking by Cappy4103 on 04/10/2005. Trim: 2005 Toyota Camry Solara SE Convertible, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I did not end up buying this vehicle but really liked the SE version we took on an extended test drive. Great ride quality, quiet interior with convertible top up, quiet yet responsive engine. Convertible top function was easy to operate. Roommy four passenger car with fun quotent! Nice fuel economy ratings.
Cons: Just not sporty enough. Rode and drove like a Camry which isn't necessarily bad, just not what we were looking for. Substantial cowl shake (windshield shakes due to lack of roof/support). Too much delay between gear changes when using the manual shift option on the automatic transmission. Entry into rear seat is awkward from passenger side and difficult from drivers side due to power seat.
Overall review: Nice car if you are looking for a "fun" family car. It has sporty looks but is not a sports car. Vision is limited due to small rear window and lots of canvas. We'll keep looking but may end up with this car.
One beautiful convertible by Grandma's Solara on 03/11/2005. Trim: 2005 Toyota Camry Solara SLE Convertible, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I love my solara SLE convertible it's very comfortable ride all instruments inside are easy to reach and use outside styling is absouletly beautiful
Cons: the boot for the convertible top is bulky and takes up alot of room in trunk. the rear window with top up is very hard to see out of and there are blind spots when driving with the top up . it's hard to see the front and rear of the car with the design when you first drive because of body style you can't judge the distance
Overall review: I really LOVE my Solara it's alot of car for the money and a REAL pleasure to drive I get compliments every day on this car the body style is a real eye catcher