2005 Jeep Wrangler

The I-phone of off-road vehicles by Nelly Bell fan, Long Beach CA. on 08/23/2010. Trim: 2005 Jeep Wrangler X, Owned 5 years.
Pros: Unique timeless styling (very popular with the ladies), towability (RV dinghy), tremendous fun factor, amazing duribility and climbing capablities, endless aftermarket options (this is the I-phone of vehicles). I have owned this vehicle since it's birth and have never taken it to the dealer for any mechanical issues - ever. I did have to replace a AC / Heater motor but I run one or the other at all times and this was a very recent occurance. This is my 3rd jeep dating back from my 1978 CJ-7.
Cons: With a 6 speed manual, I expected a bit better milage (I get about 15 mph - period!) but the utility of the vehicle more than makes up for that. It is a little twitchy at high speed and should be treated carefully under those conditions (it was designed as an off road vehicle that can be used on the street not a race car that can be taken off road) and the brakes are not those of a Corvette (nor should they be if you know anything about off roading). Work with the soft canvas top when it's warm for easier manipulation going up or down. It's like a potato chip bag when it's cold! A small V-8 option would sell well. I miss My 78 Quadra-Trac w/304, it was a real kick in the pants.
Overall review: I will always own a jeep as long as I can drive. It has provided endless fun and I have seen stands of redwoods in Seqouia that nobody EVER sees. I have pulled my "Nelly Bell" behind my RV for 5 years with no issue and it's one of the easiest to hook up with no restrictions. This is a tight, mechanically sound vehicle that will provide many years of trouble free use. I can say this because I have owned three jeeps and none have disappointed. On that note, lose the stock tires, they have always stunk (all have been Goodyears AT Trackers). Buy a good set of tires that are off road rated. Stick with the soft top and use the $1000 difference for some cool accessories. You can't be very spontaneaous with a hard top and it spends most of it's time on your garage floor taking up valuable junk or toy space. Buy one, take the roads less traveled, and have a picnic basket lunch where most can't, and above all have a Great time with a special vehicle - Your jeep!
It IS a Jeep Thing by PAJeepFan from Central PA on 07/14/2008. Trim: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Sport, Owned 3 years.
Pros: I bought my Wrangler new in 2005. Since that time, it’s only been in the shop for scheduled maintenance. My Jeep came with both the soft top and the hard top, but the hard top hasn’t seen much time on the vehicle. Any noise issues in the past I feel have been resolved. I have no problems with normal conversation or hearing music with the soft top up. My Jeep is as fun in the summer with the top down as it is in the winter navigating snowy roads and trails of my favorite hunting spots.
Cons: There have only been two cons over the past 3+ years that I have owned my Jeep. First, has to be the gas mileage, but that’s probably every owner’s #1 con these days, but it still remains my daily driver. Secondly, would be the rotors. Prior to this Wrangler, I owned a 2000 and a 2003 Grand Cherokee and they also had rotor issues. To resolve the latter, I will be installing heavy-duty rotors in the near future. So for cons, that’s it…!
Overall review: If you want a dependable vehicle that you can use every month of the year, and for security on and off the road, there’s only one. For me, I want to know that if I get off on some gnarly trail, that I’m going to get back out. It’s a Jeep thing..."
My best friend by Matteo716 from Saint Cloud Florida on 09/01/2005. Trim: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: its a jeep thing.
Cons: uses a lot of gas for its size.
Overall review: its my first new car, but have had 3 used cars. this is the best thing i've driven
The Landlord by Abby on 02/07/2010. Trim: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, Owned 1 year.
Pros: It can go from highway to off road in a flash. I love my jeep, what a fun, practical toy!!
Cons: She is always thristy for gas.
Overall review: I love my Jeep!
Have a Rubicon and a Smile by Mighty Mo on 10/27/2008. Trim: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Where do I start. This thing will climb whatever you can stand. The Dana 44 air lockers front and rear are great just lock and go. It has around 4.11 rear end and a 4:1 transfercase what this boils down to is I can put this Jeep in low 1st gear and climb mountains without pressing the gas pedal. A big surprise is a 5 speaker with a subwoofer sound system. It has an inline 6 cyl engine and 6 speed manual transmission. This is the most awesome from factory off road vehicle on the market of course with the exception of 4-wheelers and trailbikes. I would definitely put it up against anything on the climbing. Mud? well so so.
Cons: Those factory tires have too many plies they are too stiff for mud and snow traction however, less likely to puncture on rocks. It will pull anything but, stopping can be a bit rough due to the short wheel base and the vehicle's lightness. You do not want this for an everyday vehicle for several reasons. For a weekend or an occasional fun ride it is #1
Overall review: Overall it is a good, fun vehicle. It has plenty of zip. It is a play vehicle not an everyday vehicle. I have had a couple of jeep wranglers I think they are the most fun vehicles you can buy. I know I have used fun alot but, climb in one take the top down on an 80+ degree day and blast off in the Jeep Rubicon and I bet you will be smiling too.