1998 Ford Escort

1998 Ford Escort Prices
1998 Ford Escort Fuel Economy
Great Small Car by Charles on 01/24/2012. Trim: 1998 Ford Escort ZX2 Hot, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I love everything. The way it drives, Gas Mileage, The Style of the Car (In and Out), It's been an amazing car
Cons: I feel too tall for the car but that's not a huge deal
Overall review: The car is a great car for commuting to work or other various things. I just got this Car a week ago or so from a Private Seller. The car gets about 28 MPG and that's driving 46 miles both ways to work and a few stops here and there. I just had to replace the Air Filter which was filthy so that should do better now. Going to get a Tune up on it and go from there. I'm pretty sure I can get it to go over 30 MPG. Great car, I love it. I have no doubts about being this car. I have to fix things here and there but that's the past owners fault, not the car nor Ford!
I love my escort!! by Mamabear on 07/05/2013. Trim: 1998 Ford Escort SE, Owned 9 years.
Pros: Cheap parts when they need replaced. Good MPG Good up and go
Cons: A bit small for a growing family
Overall review: I have owned this car since 2004 and bought it used. It is up to 179,000 miles and she continues to never let me down!!! Have had normal repairs to take care of but nothing major. It is a gret car for someone single or with one or two children even. I have three and have still been able to use this car for the last 3 yrs of having them all!!! Very cramped for carseats though. Overall, what a great vehicle!!!! Never let's me down as lo g as I keep her healthy with normal check ups! Love my escort :)
The 1998 Coupe!!! by NightFighter on 06/30/2013. Trim: 1998 Ford Escort ZX2 Cool, Owned 1 year.
Pros: She get's up and goes like a racecar on the streets, it's a fun her show off in, 5-speed, very reliable.
Cons: not having cruise control, having a C.D player and a Jack port, the faceplate piece costing 40-70 bucks, and it has to be shipped. but other than that- nothing else!!!
Overall review: I would never trade Coupe or sell her for anything, the best car, in my opinion.
ok car, good for commuter or pizza delivery. by joe on 01/15/2011. Trim: 1998 Ford Escort LX, Owned 4 years.
Pros: dispite running problems it's rather reliable. when outfitted with decent tires, handles snow very well. can be neglected but will still drive fine. i used it for about 20,000 miles of pizza delivery, as well as driving me to community college and back. motor itself a very soilid runner.
Cons: loads of major repairs done, automatic tranny went out at around 90k miles was almost not worth the trouble. blower motor went out (during a cold snap) not once but twice. seems simple but the labour will suprise you. basic model has nor cd or tape player and they dont make it easy to install a aftermarket system.
Overall review: at 150k running ok, but in lousy shape, no heat, its not worth repairing. to me atleast. if you take care of things and keep it clean its a rather nice car. if your looking for one find one thats been owned by elderly, otherwise its been likely driven by negligent teenagers haha, seriously. dispite problems this car has only almost left me stranded at an itersection once( she commonly stalls in traffic [a/t] and once she did not want to start for about 20 min or so)
The most reliable Ford by ZX2 from CA-Irvine on 12/19/2004. Trim: 1998 Ford Escort ZX2 Cool, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: It is sporty, good looking and VERY RELIABLE. I didn't spend any money other than regular maintanence. It is even luxurious for a sport car, power doors-windows, remote entry, good A/C and even cruise control.
Cons: if you have tall friends, don't let them sit rear seats not to hear any complaints.
Overall review: I like my car, I took long trips with my friends and it was really reliable even in 2-3 thousand mile non-stop trips. It could be a little bit noisy after 75 Mph but this is a sport-compact not a luxury family car. I love my car and recommend it to everyone especially to students, it is cheap to buy and maintain.