2005 Dodge Neon

the best car i have owned!!!! by An MSN Autos Consumer on 09/09/2011. Trim: 2005 Dodge Neon SXT, Owned 6 years.
Pros: very cheap on gas and the milaege, runs good
Cons: none
Overall review: we havent had any major problems with this car, its a good running car
Fun car! by An MSN Autos Consumer on 04/26/2008. Trim: 2005 Dodge Neon SXT, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Fun and kinda fast.
Cons: Not that comfortable.
Overall review: I bought this car brand new and it has been great and fun. I hope to keep for another couple years.
Dodge Broke My Heart by Julie from Seattle on 08/08/2007. Trim: 2005 Dodge Neon SXT, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I step on the gas and away I go! Catch myself speeding easily. Inferno Red is a nice color. Everyone sees me coming even in the fog. Lots of leg and head room, my husband is 4'9" and I'm 5'10" and we can both drive it. Spoiler blocks headlights in my mirror at night. Speakers sound great. Headlights light the highway nicely.
Cons: Gas milage is terrible w/ an automatic. I'm running to the gas station every 225 miles w/ a 12.8 gal tank. Our Saturn SL2 does better w/ 300 miles. The engine started idling very low and run rough at 24k, dealer says this is normal. I don't think it's normal to feel like your car is going to stall all the time and the engine shakes and gurgles at 34k miles. I suspect an engine chip will fail after my warranty expires and then my dealer will figure out what's wrong. 30k service is $700! Front seats don't fold forward. Why not? Rear seatbelt gets in way when folding rear seats down. Trunk not very big. Tires already worn down. No power windows in rear. Why not?
Overall review: Originally, this car was love at first site for me. I enjoyed driving it and zipping around in it. I felt like I was driving a sports car. Now it seems like everytime I turn around there's something wrong with the engine. I bought this used at 12k and after 3 months, my A/C unit was leaking on my CB joints. Also, my alternator has always made a high pitched squeal that is more noticeable when I accelerate. At about 24k, the engine decided to idle at 500 rpms instead of 800 after warming up. It gurgles and shakes like it's going to stall. Dealer says this is normal. I've never had a car do that before. After a year & half I'm about done w/ this car. I'm really disappointed because I was hoping to drive this car for several years, but all I can think about is how it's going to break down on me as soon as my warranty expires in 2k miles. Dodge really let me down. I think I'll get a Honda.
More bang for the buck than any import by An MSN Autos Consumer on 06/30/2007. Trim: 2005 Dodge Neon SXT, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Great value for the dollar. I have the SXT special edition with the upgraded audio system and can shake the mirrors with the subwoofer blasting. Looks great, handles great, great fuel economy
Cons: The cheap goodyear tires are do not give great road feel, but I will blame that on Goodyear and not Dodge
Overall review: Just sorry these are not made any more. The Caliber is too weird looking and too much useless add-ons that just make it more expensive and more likely to break down. The Neon is/was economical and reliable and is missed. Still glad I got mine!
Big blue by Don from Minnesota on 06/11/2007. Trim: 2005 Dodge Neon SXT, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Very sporty. Very nice to drive.
Cons: I have a lot of trouble with it starting. Have had it in the shop four times. They put in two fuel pumps and grounded the fuel pump. I hope this will correct the problem. Can't trust going out of town for fear it won't start again.
Overall review: It seems to be built strong and has a good sound system.