2005 Ford Ranger

2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  Next
kirkpatrick by mark on 10/11/2010. Trim: 2005 Ford Ranger FX4 Off-Road SuperCab 4WD, Owned 5 years.
Pros: never get stuck in this truck. goes through snow no matter how deep.very sturdy truck,its all around great when living out in the country. the 4.0 engine has plenty of power.
Cons: it has poor fuel consuption,but since it is a four wheel drive with a traction lok rear end. the consumption is to be expected.
Overall review: very good truck for every day use.
litte gray by shawn vancouver wa. on 10/07/2010. Trim: 2005 Ford Ranger XLT SuperCab 4-door 4WD, Owned 3 years.
Pros: looks good fun to drive and went off road never got stuck some frame twisters
Cons: the seats and a little more hp.
Overall review: love it lifted with 33
Ranger, Ford by An MSN Autos Consumer on 12/12/2008. Trim: 2005 Ford Ranger Edge SuperCab 4WD, Owned 2 years.
Pros: It was a relatively inexpensive truck that does everything I have ever asked. The engine has plenty of power and I get 20mpg highway out of it. I have no complaints.
Cons: I would prefer disk brakes in the rear. Not really a big deal. I wish it had a IPOD dock however its a 2005....The new ones have the dock.
Overall review: I would purchase another one. The only thing I have replaced in the 40,000 miles that are on it are front brake pads. Other than that nothing.
Excellent, economical, very tough little truck. by Jason from St. Louis on 10/25/2008. Trim: 2005 Ford Ranger XLT 2WD, Owned 2 years.
Pros: I have an I-4 stick shortbed, regular cab, 34k mi. I must qualify some remarks by saying I am 5-8 and of average build. It is quiet, it rides well, it is very comfortable, and it hauls every bit of 1000 lbs. while STILL getting 28mpg on the highway. It pulled a ton (on the bumper) without a problem, and as pickups go, it handles very well. "Panic braking" was no problem with 4-wheel ABS, I was able to avoid two accidents my racing-trained hands and feet might not have missed. It strains a bit at high speed (75+) but it's a 4-cyl pickup, not a sports car. For *any* 4-cyl, the torque curve is impressively flat. I am very impressed.
Cons: It had a leaky rear window seal, and the passenger-side ABS cover rattles over bumps. The driver's door has developed a bit a squeak at the "catch" when you close it sometimes.
Overall review: This is the first pickup I've owned, after 18 years of driving. I've driven many as rentals, borrowed from friends, and for jobs as a younger man, and while I'd pick the Tacoma over the Ranger in a comparison, cost / benefit just isn't there for me. Best MPG of any pickup sold. Very good in snow with appropriate tires and sandbags. The 6-disc MP3 Pioneer deck is great.
The so-so truck by Deb from Maine on 07/17/2008. Trim: 2005 Ford Ranger STX 2WD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I had a 1994 Ford Ranger, I bought it used with 69,000 miles. I had 201,000 miles on it when I decided it was time for a newer vehicle, Normal wear and tear occurances, except for leaf springs came up through the bed. Bought a 2005 Ranger with 43,000 miles, 6 mos. later alternator went, 2 months later fuel pump went, week later fuel switch and fuel fuse went. Leak around seal of back window.
Cons: I am a smoker. No light around ashtray for nighttime.
Overall review: I am very disappointed with this truck
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  Next